Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

summer jobs in US

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want to work next summer in america. i would love to work on a beach as a lifeguard, i work at the moment as a pool lifeguard.
does anyone have any idea where i would find out about jobs ? i know its a bit soon to be thinking about it but i might as well get some info!

Comments

• Options
    If you are going to be in/near a city, I would try for a Parks & Recreation job. Just do a search for it on the internet. Along the east coast, maybe west also, I'm not sure though, there are a lot of 'State Forests'...if they border the ocean, they'll have guard jobs also.
  • Options
    Your local careers centre (either at school, college or town) will have stacks of info on this, pop along for a free (usually anyhow) consultation.

If you don't know where your nearest one is call:
    Careers Services National Association
    Careers centres differ around the country in which services they provide to people. Depending on which company is in charge of your area, The advice may be free to everyone or restricted to certain groups of people.
    Telephone: 01926 318255

Susie :)
  • Options
    Check about the visa requirements before you go!! they have a reputation for being hard b@rstads if you turn up with the wrong one.Harass alot of passengers.

Try this site:
    http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/faqs/faqsindex.htm

Have fun!!
  • Options
    i worked a month in new york city.
    it was easier for me because my mates dad lives out there and hes got his own company.
    it was proppa good.
  • Options
    There used to be some American and Canadian groups who came to speak to us at college. Baring in mind this was nearly 3 years ago okay it might be a bit out of date. But there was definately one called Bunac i think?? Might need to check that one.