Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone used Turnintocash.com website?? Need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I sent a parcel to them one or two weeks before xmas. I sent them an email asking if they've received my parcel. They replied saying that it will take about 10 days for it to be delivered to them because of xmas.

I sent them an email yesterday asking if they've received it and they replied with the following

"Dear David

Following a review of the content of one of your boxes we have determined that the contents constitute a commercial trade and we are therefore unable to take them as they breach our website terms and conditions.

TurnIntoCash.com has been designed for the use of consumers only. Commercial users may be allowed on the site following written permission from a manager here at TurnIntoCash.com which has not been given to you.

The following clause has been applied to your transactions:

Commercial Users

TurnIntoCash.com monitors all transactions on the website and where we suspect the website is being used for commercial purposes reserve the right to cancel any trades or refuse payment. In the unlikely event this occurs items will only be returned on payment of postage and administration costs.

TurnIntoCash.com defines commercial use of the website as any organisation, business or individual who is buying items specifically to trade on the website or disposing of items they have bought in bulk with the aim of selling them for a profit. In the event of any dispute TurnIntoCash.com reserve the right to reject any trade that it believes is from a commercial user but will return all items traded on receipt of payment to cover the cost of items sent in to us and return costs.

Commercial use of the website may include multiple individual trades of the same items or attempting to trade more than three of the same title in more than one trade.

Commercial users or charities should contact TurnIntoCash.com for permission to use the website

If you would like your items back you may arrange a courier to collect them from us once we have received payment from you of £8 per box to cover our inbound courier charges ? please can you contact customer services to arrange a suitable collection time.

If we do not hear from you within 30 days or you do not arrange collection your items will be recycled ? some may be resold to enable us to recover our courier and processing costs and no payment will be made to you.

Regards

TurnintoCash.com"

I don't know what to do. I'm not even a 'Commercial User'. I sent them an email if they can tell me why they think I'm a commercial user and how I pay the £8.

Has any used them?

I think they're a waste of time and my sister and I shouldn't have used them.

www.turnintocash.com

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They sound like a scam organisation to me. Ring trading standards.
    hmmm sounds bad to me, phone trading standards see what they say.

These two things jump out at me:
    1) The examples later are in the letter. You would assume a professional company would use correct punctuation/ grammar. Where is the capital "P"? And why is a question mark even be present in the first place? "be recycled ? some may" and "courier charges ? please can you"

2) there is no name at the bottom of the letter. It is simply from the website. I would expect it to say

Regards

Mr Bob Smith

Customer Service Assistant
    Company name.

That's what I think anyways.
    hmmm sounds bad to me, phone trading standards see what they say.

These two things jump out at me:
    1) The examples later are in the letter. You would assume a professional company would use correct punctuation/ grammar. Where is the capital "P"? And why is a question mark even be present in the first place? "be recycled ? some may" and "courier charges ? please can you"

2) there is no name at the bottom of the letter. It is simply from the website. I would expect it to say

Regards

Mr Bob Smith

Customer Service Assistant
    Company name.

That's what I think anyways.

The question marks are suppose to be '-'. It must have read it wrong when I copied and paste the text on here.

Where is the capital P your on about?
    I'm not sure about their professionalism but I agree with previous posters about them sounding scammy. One of those "mobile for cash" companies was recently busted for doing something similar to this, wherein there was always some issue with the things being sent to them that meant that the sender had to pay return postage and some admin charge that often meant it was not worth getting the stuff back - IE, the company got their stuff for nothing.

Unless you actually sent 3 of the same thing, I'd be on to trading standards. More people have probably been taken in by this and it's important to report it.
    Just moving this into the Home, Law and Money forum :thumb:
    Jo7
    Thank you for putting it in the correct thread.

Received an email and they said

"Hi David

Please acccept our sincere apologies the commercial use email was sent to you in error and was meant for someone else. Once again sorry for the mix up.

Kind Regards"

Now I've sent a email asking them what happens now.
    This sounds like an awfully dodgy company, how the hell do you accidentally send an email like that to someone.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    This sounds like an awfully dodgy company, how the hell do you accidentally send an email like that to someone.

Yep, that's what I thought.

Must be people who don't have a clue what they're doing!
    Yep, that's what I thought.

Must be people who don't have a clue what they're doing!

Or they were secretly hoping they could scam you, and that you wouldnt kick up a fuss. Now you have realised what is going on, they have sent a "sorry we dont know what happened email"
    ah the capital "P" I meant was after the question mark the next sentence should have started with a capital letter. That's my bad explaining sorry!
    Hey Mr.Ferrari09,

Have you heard back from them since your latest email?

Others have rightly directed you to Trading Standards if you still have not received a satisfactory response.

Here is the link to the Consumer Direct webpage - http://www.oft.gov.uk/consumer-advice/oft-and-cd/ in case you haven't found it yet.

You can call them with your concerns, or visit the DirectGov website for more information.

:)
    Finally received a cheque for the items. WILL NOT SEND ANY MORE TO THEM EVER AGAIN!!!

They are extremely useless.
    Spoke to one of my mates who brought this website up in conversation, he also recently just got a cheque after a massive long wait. Good original post Mr F, its always nice to be made aware of issues like this.