Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tee-totallers...

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
I'm pretty sure Kaff doesn't drink...any more about?

Would be cool to hear from anyone who enjoys a night out without a glass of the strong stuff. :angel:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mee pretty much. Two drinks at most :wave:
  • Options
    2 drinks is still drinking
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Mee pretty much. Two drinks at most :wave:

Two pints of Vodka?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Just me, then? :p
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Just me, then? :p

Me too. We're the cool ones.

I don't drink very often at all, mainly because I'm the only car driver in the family and so got out of the habit. Soon I realised that you can actually have just as much fun without alcohol. Now, when we go out with mates, I'm the designated driver - why should people who enjoy a drink go without just so that they can driver when I won't be drinking anyway...
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Two pints of Vodka?

if only i had the balls!

two archers and lemonade. pansy i know
  • Options
    I'm not a teetotaller, but there are more than a few occasions where I will volunteer to be the designated driver and stay on the cokes and lemonades.
  • Options
    Me too. We're the cool ones.

:yippe:
    When we go out with mates, I'm the designated driver - why should people who enjoy a drink go without just so that they can driver when I won't be drinking anyway...

Same! I'm permanent designated driver. I don't mind as long as no one pukes in my car!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't drink at all but I don't go to places where others regularly do either, so I doubt it counts for what you want (not that I'd drink if I went).
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Same! I'm permanent designated driver. I don't mind as long as no one pukes in my car!

Two rules then. One, they clean it up and get the car valeted. Two, they never get offered a lift again.
  • Options
    I'm probably not what you're looking for, as I drink at the moment, but I've spent most of the time I've been 17years+ tee-total.

Even now I tend not to drink, not at pubs or with meals. Just maybe a few times a year I decide to get quite a bit drunk :chin:
  • Options
    i would say i am heading that way, alcohol no longer apeals to me as it did.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Thanks for your replies :)

Well Kaff did a great job chatting on local radio about her experience - as I've said to her, an awesome role model for those who experience prejudice due to their drinking choices.

Yellowseahorse - just out of interest and hope you don't mind me asking... what do you think made you change your mind about drinking? And do you think you'll go back the other way?
  • Options
    I am probably what you would call a tee-totaller (had to google what it meant pffft). I have tried alcohol, and don't like the taste of pretty much everything :yuck: so that's why I don't drink, and I don't really see the point in putting up with something you don't like just to get drunk, what's the point?

My housemate goes out drinking quite a lot (as students are "supposed to") and finds it weird that I don't find it appealing and would much rather stay in with a cup of tea or go out an drink non-alcoholic drinks, I even avoid going out now because friends try and get me to drink when I don't want to, which is why I never let drunk friends buy me drinks haha.

Someone even once said to me I'm not a "proper student" because I don't go out and get wasted every night.
    People say it makes me sound old and boring, probably does, but it doesn't bother me anymore :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Yellowseahorse - just out of interest and hope you don't mind me asking... what do you think made you change your mind about drinking? And do you think you'll go back the other way?

I'm not really sure about my attitude towards drinking tbh, hence not really being a 'drinker' or 'tee-total', so I don't have an answer really. I've spent the last few minutes trying to work out what I think, and I've come to the conclusion it just depends on the day ;) but most of the time, I prefer the cheaper, no hangover option.
  • Options
    I am currently an enforced tee totaler - which is no fun - but from about 17 - 20ish I didnt' drink much at all as I really didn't like the out of control feeling that drinking gave you - and i felt that i'd done enough drinking already - Still used to go to the pub with friends most of whom also didnt' drink so we would sit there chain smoking and still having a good time. I imagine it would be less fun now we can't smoke though....
  • Options
    Respect for people who are, but I personally couldn't do it!