Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nightmares

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been finding myself feeling really crappy over the past week or so, and I think part of it is that I'm having quite violent nightmares almost everynight. I've tried herbal teas, I'm avoiding anything that might cause nightmares, tried quiet life, and I'm on some anti-anxiety medication already. I'm sometimes waking up in the middle of the night and I do normally get back to sleep, but most of the time I don't wake up until the morning. But then I feel totally wrecked and not a happy bunny.

I want to go to the GP, but they don't seem that interested. I've tried diazapan before but it just makes me really angry, and I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm waiting for get assessed for psychological therapies again (yay :( ) but the last time I went to see the GP I was fobbed off and told to use some relaxation tapes (which I use EVERY night).

Any ideas what to do? I'm feeling shattered but I don't want to sleep!

Comments

• Options
    I have a lot of fear in bed and find using a night light helps. But I tend to get it more when I'm awake. I used to have a lot of nightmares, not sure what can be done though to be honest.
  • Options
    Hi miss-riot. :)

Sounds tough for you at the moment. Sleep problems can be a real burden. Might be worth going to your doctor again and giving them an update on how your feeling. They should take notice, especially as you'd previously followed their advice but to no avail.

Hope you've had some peaceful sleep since this post.

Phil:thumb:
  • Options
    got 4 hours between 6 - 10 this morning, but last night I drempt that there was a zombie invasion from the south and the valley was filling with zombies and I couldn't run fast enough to get out...

Maybe I could turn this to my advantage and use my nightmares to earn me a living as a horror writer? :P