Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling detatched

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend and I used to be really close. I felt like we could talk about anything and we would always be there for each other. Now I feel like we a drifting apart. I have to see this friend every few days at church, and it just gets really awkward. What do you think I should say or do? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Hey there,

yeah I've been there too and it's pretty awful. Really it depends on why you feel you are drifting apart but quite often it's just that you've both changed. If you're friend is ignoring you or avoiding you then maybe there's something going on with their own life and they are giving all their attention to that. If that's the case maybe they will tell you in their own time. Sorry I can't say anything that's more helpful but you're not alone in worrying about drifting apart from friends I think everyone experiences that at some point. Maybe you could try talking but if that doesn't work then I guess just give them some space.
  • Options
    ...you're not alone in worrying about drifting apart from friends I think everyone experiences that at some point. Maybe you could try talking but if that doesn't work then I guess just give them some space.

Talking to your friend about how you've been feeling recently sounds like a good place to start even if it feels a bit awkward, could you approach them next time you're at church and just say hey can we have a quick chat?

As UnsafetyDancer also says, friends can drift for all sorts of reasons and it's doesn't always have to be anyone's fault so avoid any accusations and just let them know you miss them and then give them space to come to you maybe. What about sending a Christmas card with a note in it to say you'd like to meet up in the New Year or invite them round? Once you've broken the ice it should get a bit easier and you'll be able to find out what's going on and where you stand :)

Good luck *hug*