Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to approach flatmates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the last week 3 of my 4 flatmates have been really awkward with myself and our 5 flatmate (who I will refer to as A). They deliberately stop talking to each other when A and I walk into the flat. Last night A and I were trying to work in our rooms and the three others were getting ready to go out. They were blaring music and stomping their feet on the floor. It was so disruptive. They eventually went out but the major issue is when they return. At 4am they enter the flat shouting (very loudly) and begin to slam the kitchen cupboard doors, waking both A and I up. A went and shut the kitchen door but they just did it louder. It feels like its a deliberate attempt to wake us up. This also isnt the first time this has happened. I really want to ask them whats going on but fear they would just laugh in my face (as they have done on previous occasions). Does anyone have any suggestions? I am in student halls at the moment and still have another 4-5 months to live with them in the new year. I dont want to move flat as A and I are really close and I wouldnt want to leave her. Thanks for any replies x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you feel that you are going to get laughed at, or scared that anything you say isnt going to be listened to, have you thought about having words with the people who run the student accommodation; after all there are usually rules against their kind of behaviour. Also if you were able to move, what would stop "A" moving too?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're in University halls then you need to raise their behaviour as an issue with the halls manager or whoever has responsibility for them. Your university will have policies and procedures in place about bullying and treating other people with respect. Certainly at the university I work for, students who behave like that would get a thorough bollocking for it from their Head of House.