Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all im 19 and im a virgin. BUT i met a girl on friday night who seems to wanna get it on with me(she is texting me) she is only 17 but seems ok. I told her on text that i was a virgin, she didnt seem to mind, do you think this was the right thing to do? seems odd maybe as she is 2 years younger than me yet more experienced is this like normal?

Thanks all. J x

Comments

• Options
    So this girl 'seems ok'. Wouldn't you prefer to meet a nice girl with whom you have more than text conversations, and with whom you feel comfortable enough to know it is right to have sex without asking other people about it first.

I think you deserve someone more.
  • Options
    do you think? im not sure. i dont meet many women but do u think i should wait?
  • Options
    do you think? im not sure. i dont meet many women but do u think i should wait?

Well if you ready to lose it then go for it, Don't do it because you feel you have too and its the norm

As for her being more experienced then you, i wouldn't worry to much about it, She 17 and unless she a slut shouldn't have had that much sex

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet tho mate, as your only texting at the moment and it may all fall through.

Good luck tho, Don't feel prsured into doing it!
  • Options
    Hiya mate its up to you. I myself im still a virgin and im 19 as well its no big thing! being a virgin that is :D i have had a few chances to loose it but i want more then a 1 night stand im not saying this is what you have got. But its a good thing to get to know the person really and it should feel right if it does then go for it at the end of the day its up to you. So have fun stay safe and good luck!!! sorry i wasnt much help :(

S.G:cool:
  • Options
    Hiya as long as your not doing it just because you feel you have to lose your virginity then go for it. I think it was a good thing to do telling her your a virgin at least your be honest with her from the start. Its not strange for her to be two years younger yet more experienced, everybodys different and everybody ventures into these things at different ages. A couple of weeks ago I found out that a mate really liked me and his mates told me that not only was he a virgin but he'd never even kissed a girl! This was a week before his 20th b-day. Im 17 myself and thought that it seemed strange that I was 17 and had slept with a few people, but he was nearly 20 and having his first kiss with me. But thats just the way some things go and its not a problem, just make sure your doing it cos you like this girl, not because you feel you have to lose your virginity.
  • Options
    I need to love someone rather than sleep with i think. Lets just see i hope maybe it wil happen soon.
  • Options
    It annoys me when blokes think....im gonna have sex with this girl when for a start they don't even know them. Yes obvoisuly we've all been known to "not exactly" know the person but it bugs me.

James just get to know her....... via voice is always as handy so you don't rely on txt. Don't be desperate coz you'll only regret it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jamesfowler2k2
    I need to love someone rather than sleep with i think. Lets just see i hope maybe it wil happen soon.

Am i the only person no-one loves?????????????? It's so depressing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat

Am i the only person no-one loves?????????????? It's so depressing!

No-one loves me :(
  • Options
    i love you all i just dont know how to show it. ANd to the person who thinks i might not have sex with this girl here is like the evidence lol i send her a message saying what do you wanna do wednesday she replys "you sort out what you wanna do and i will sort out the afters" now even i can work a hint like that out
  • Options
    Re: My first time
    Originally posted by jamesfowler2k2
    seems odd maybe as she is 2 years younger than me yet more experienced is this like normal?

The age gap isnt massive so i dont think it should make too much difference. My bf was a year older than me when i slept with him (he was a virgin and i wasnt). He told me he was a virgin in advance and it worked out better because he felt more relaxed about the whole thing after telling me. It also made me more conciderate and patient about the whole thing than i may have been with an experienced partner.
    "you sort out what you wanna do and i will sort out the afters"

I dont want to burst your bubble mate but i have sent simular txt messages before and they can often be a spare of the moment thing you say when you get carried away with the 'txt flirting'. This is because you can get away with saying things that you would be too embarrased to say to the persons face and therefore you are able to exagerate things that you may not mean.

erm....that made sense in my head anyway. no seriously though i hope you see my point that it is important that you dont get your hopes up about these txts.

As for the sex, (if it does end up happening)if it feels right and you are doing it because YOU want to do it then as the others have said go for it:D
  • Options
    cheers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Just get to know her more, the last thing you want is to lose your V-plates to someone you hardly know and a one time thing.
    Make sure you do WHAT YOU WANT!

I lost my virginity to a one night stander and I aint complaining one bit! Everyone seems to think that you need to really love someone to sleep with them. Thats all very well and fair enough no doubt it is more special that way, but I dont think its the end of the world if you dont. My mate lost her viriginty to her then boyfriend, and now theyve split she cant cope at all months on as he is now so special to her as she lost her virginity to him. Its caused all complications as another mate is now going out with him behing her back as she would be crushed if she knew as he means so much to her. Im just trying to get the message across that losing your virginity to a stranger isnt always bad, it causes alot less hassle if things dont work out between you.

James, if you wanna sleep with this girl then go ahead, if it feels right for you then do it, at least youve been warned.
  • Options
    cheers to everyone who replyed to me. im now off work Drinking smoking dope and have taken a few tamazipam so i aint too worried about it now lol
  • Options
    One last thing. I know on Tv they do the whole "planning". Don't bother just go out see how it goes and well if it happens it does, if not it'll be someone else!