Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting over self harm addiction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im having a self harm relapse at the moment but the thing is nothing even has to happen to set me off anymore i just need to cut all the time. i am seeing a counsellor but the problem is part of me doesnt want to stop. i want to want to stop (if that makes sense) ive just had self harm in my life for 10 years and i cant see a life without it.

Comments

• Options
    I see where you are coming from. This may be a weird question but i have to ask- is there something-in your life which you believe you have missing?
  • Options
    Phia wrote: »
    im having a self harm relapse at the moment but the thing is nothing even has to happen to set me off anymore i just need to cut all the time. i am seeing a counsellor but the problem is part of me doesnt want to stop. i want to want to stop (if that makes sense) ive just had self harm in my life for 10 years and i cant see a life without it.

Hello Phia, I can understand where you are coming from, some people find self harm a normal part of their daily routine because they have went on for so long, they want the satisfaction they got from it first time round! 10 Year's is a very long time, try to think back, do you know what triggered you? Instead of cutting you could find a distrraction, or maybe call a support helpline in your area! If you want to stop self harming you are going to have to look for furthur distractions, what do you enjoy doing? Hope you are okay *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Phia *hug*

Sorry things have got tough for you.

You could check out TheSite info page on relapsing. It gives advice on coping strategies, getting back on track and some guidance on what steps to take next.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/havingarelapse

Hope it helps. Let us know.

Phil :thumb: