Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

diazepam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it bad to take this? I have lots as I split up wit Randomboy and he gave me lots to soften the blow. Loving it.

Comments

• Options
    Its incredibly addictive, and can give you violent mood swings on the come down. You also don't know who its going to react overtime with your meds. I'd leave it well alone if I were you.
  • Options
    we've got 1000 tablets
  • Options
    I'd take them to a pharmacist first thing tomorrow morning if I were you.
  • Options
    loving it
  • Options
    Hey Randomgirl, how are you feeling this morning?

There's plenty of info on Diazepam on Netdoctor which would be useful for you to read if you don't know much about it: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000757.html

It mentions how it might affect various other medications and as Miss Riot says, it's a short term solution not without risks so be very careful using it without discussing it with your GP. Are you seeing her this week?

It may well give you some short term release from everything at the moment but having that many tablets at your disposal is worrying so it's important that you look after yourself.

Could you think about taking them back to the pharmacy as suggested or at least giving them to someone else in the house to hold on to?

Big hugs *hug*
  • Options
    its not ideal, but if its helping to soften the edges of this horrible time RG, and making you feel good, then the good outweighs the bad by a long shot. Try not to overdo it though honey x
  • Options
    A friend of mine abused Benzodiazepam because of his horrible relationship. It took him a long time to dig himself out of that again. Like it has been said, it is very addictive and alluring to soften the pain, but you are doing yourself no favor, believe it.
  • Options
    Are you forgetting RG has been suicidal??? I really think staying alive, softening the blow, easing the pain and getting through the day just now is number 1 priority. valium addiction isnt ideal, but its better than being suicidal
  • Options
    RG, it's probably a good idea to check with your doctor/CPN/crisis team how diazepam will interact with anything else you're taking. As others have said, it's very addictive, and getting hooked on it probably won't do you any favours long term if you can get support for any other ways of coping.

How's random cat and the knitting?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Benzo's are some of the most easily abused, dangerous and addictive drugs you can get. Not many worse addictions than a benzo addiction. I certainly don't anybody should be condoning self medication. Bear in mind they can interact with all sorts of other drugs that you may be on such as anti depressants.

If you are going to take them anyway then most importantly don't take them after drinking alcohol, taking any opiate, or taking any other kind of depressant.

And don't drive after taking them, anybody who does is as stupid as a drunk driver.

And whether it matters to you or not, without a prescription possession is illegal.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I have cut down taking them now but will save the rest incase I want / need them.

Randomcat is good, he is loving the big garden and cat flap luxury that he has here at my Dad's house. We are going back to my flat on the 26th. The knitting is alright but not really been up to doing that much.
  • Options
    Thinking of you RG x
  • Options
    1000 is way too many. Get rid of all but maybe 50. Benzos will make you feel real good at first but the effects can become horrible in time - depression, despair, rage, the very opposite of what you get at first. Caution is advised from experience - don't overdo it.