Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self Abuse. A thing of nature ..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Self Abuse. A thing of nature ..?

Are these people those the victims of unrealistic parents.. are they people who have slipped through the fingers of society . Is it a form of pain relief, a sign of the devil in oneself or the pure satisfaction that one can retrieve?

Everyone is different.

Some people cry when they hurt themselves. Some people laugh to hide the pain, and some others enjoy it. The release of energy can be seen the same as people who take heroin or chocolate. It could be a cause of passion and love, or a cause people bring to themselves due to the pain of regret or hatred for themselves or another. People may do it in spite of being told it is not normality but then again the people who say it’s not normal make it more awkward for themselves.

Is this the troubled youth?

In context to an emotional state of mind, is it wrong to confuse these stereotypical ‘emos’ with people who self-harm. As not all people bring something to a show and tell, and in relation to witchcraft which is of an older generation and similar to those of this nature in looks and personality why is it that the obvious wrong doing of punishment is still at large in today’s twentieth century society, not only in public schools and on the streets but in the home by our own families.

Do we all hurt ourselves but express it differently to others?

Sex is one of the most emotional outbursts of energy. Is a promiscuous person also a self harmer, and is a man that stays late at work to avoid his family someone of a bad nature, someone that cheats, lies, consumes ridiculous amounts of alcohol, are these all people that hurt and hurt others..

Why are people like us looked upon as disturbed individuals or individuals who have been done wrong or worship the devil. I think we are the individuals who have our eyes open to the greater good, but we just don’t necessarily like what we see.

Would it result in death. After the self-harm is not harmful enough.
Could I kill another to feel joy. Or could I kill myself to let another feel free.

My medication is not strong enough to stop my thoughts and actions. and neither am i

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there, welcome to TheSite :)

Sounds like you've got a lot of thoughts swimming around your head, perhaps trying to make sense of your own situation as well as how people can perceive others that self harm. It's always dangerous to generalise as self harm is very personal to each individual and can become a way of coping for people from all walks of life. TheSite.org is a place where you can talk about your situation without judgement.

Have you read our article on myths around self harm, it might give some more food for thought: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/mythsaroundselfharm

You mention the medication you're on not being strong enough to combat the thoughts you've been having. Have you spoken to your GP about this? Or is there somenoe close to you that you trust that you can confide in? It can be a really hard journey finding what works for you but there are always support options out there.

This article on coping tips and distractions might also be useful: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/copingtipsanddistractions

Or if you need to talk to someone then Samaritans offer a listening service via text, phone and email, you can email them directly from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite/helpinacrisis

Take care *hug*