Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Will I definately be protected?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know theres loads of questions about the morning after pill but Ive got a question that I really need answering.

I had sex on thursday night and the condom split. I decided to get the morning after pill yesterday, but because I knew I was getting it I had unprotected sex yesterday morning as we had no condoms and were feeling rather randy after doing so much the night before, it was kinda a wake up call. Will the pill have protected me from both times or just the one? I know it might seem like a stupid question but since Ive basically had sex without a condom twice, although both times were between the 72 hours allowed to take the pill, I dont know if it will have protected me for each time or what? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    hey
    first of all the pill is 100% effective. i had the same problem as you i had sex twice and i only got the morning after pill once and i was fine. so it protected me from both. sorry if that wasnt much help, just thought id tell you luv charnz
  • Options
    Not true ....

I'm afraid to burst your bubble but the morning after pill is not 100% effective. It's only a minor difference but NOTHING is 100% effective short of staying celibate!!! However, should all go to plan then the pill will have protected you on both occasions so you can breathe a sigh of relief there.

In the meantime I would think of taking another method of contraception as well as condoms. They're little bastards and no matter how careful you are they always seem to split or something .... hmmm, and they never taste like they say the will on the packet but that's another story!!
  • Options
    Short of keeping your cock in your pants, NOTHING is 100% safe. So do go thinking that, and always take care.

It SHOULD protect you for both times, but obviously if you notice anything odd like stomach cramps or a missed period get a pregnancy test done.
  • Options
    The morning after pill is 75% effective- less so than most forms of contraception and therefore only used as emergency contraception. So you will need to get a test if you miss your period!

But the fact that you had sex twice will not matter- after all you can't have got pregnant twice!!

Hope this helps!