Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Health / Fitness / Sports

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Mods can you change the forums to Health and Fitness, Sports instaed of Sports and Fitness, Health ?

All this gym / getting healthy / losing weight / getting muscle / taking steroids stuff clogging up sports is more relevant to health than sport.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't agree myself, as health is more generall life orientated, wheras fitness is generally more towards the sports side of things, and you'll find most of the answers on fitness will come from sports men, (and women :p) as they are generally best equipped to deal with these enquiries.

Just cos you want a footbal only forum :p
    I suppose it depends on how you define sport, sport to me is football, tennis, rugby, cricket, golf, snooker, athletics, basketball, hockey, netball etc....

Whereas gym and weight training and exercise etc are all activites

Sport, fitness and health obviously over lap, but I'd say fitness is more linked to health than sport.
    It's all down to your viewpoint, in my opinion I find sport and fitness very well linked, as training for sport is very similair to training for fitness, a lot of people take up sport to improve fitness, and a lot of people work on their fitness to improve their sport......

Also, if you look at the past threads on gaining muscle or muscle injuries etc..... around 80% of them have been closely linked to sport, either in terms of injured during sport, improving fitness through sport and trying to train up for a particular sport.

Please please don't kill my thesite home :p
    Can I join in this private discussion? :)

I'd like to agree with ebb here. Health and Fitness go hand in hand. The gym isn't about sport in any real sense but it more related to maintaining a high level of fitness.

Sport is more an activity and is usually associated with supporters, and you don't get man of them at the gym ;)
    It just occured to me thats all :) the overlap between the three is quite big, so they could go anyway around, even sports and health at a push, but people asking what exercise they should do to get a flatter stomach has bugger all to do with sport and alot to do with health :)
    Or how about split Sport and Fitness to their own dedicated forums??