Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nystan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anybody ever had this before? Not expecting many replies. Its an oral medicine thing used to treat mouth infections etc. i got it prescribed to me today, you use the dropper to get 1ml out and put it on your tongue and try and hold it for as long as possible before swallowing. 4 times a day.

it is the most VILE thing ive ever tasted in my life. as soon as i put it on my tongue i start heaving then the rest of it is just a battle of wills to try and make it stay in my mouth so it can do what its supposed to. I just took my third dose of the day and it actually made me throw up (sorry for the TMI). I dont know if i can do this 4 times a day for a week :(

im dead poorly at the moment and feeling really sorry for myself. Not eaten barely anything since sunday morning :( iv never done this before but can i have a virtual hug? i dont want to moan about it anymore to my family or boyfriend cos im scared theyre getting sick of me.

Comments

• Options
    babe you moron I love you!! so sorry you're feeling crap! so weird I never come on here but something made me do it. big hugs I'm gonna text you now. xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Is it trying to go onto your tongue or is it trying to get into your mouth?

I ask because will doing things like licking ice cubes first (to numb your tongue slightly), having something really strong flavoured before and after help at all?
  • Options
    it needs to go everywhere really but mainly my tongue, my mouth is absolutely full of blisters and iv managed to get oral thrush too. that sounds like a good idea with the ice cubes, ill give it a try, ill try absolutely anything. i want my mouth to get better so much but i dont want to be sick every time i try and take it.

stephy a text is good cos i cant talk my mouth is swollen up and iv got bad lisps ha :(
  • Options
    I haven't got any practical advice, but feel better soon *hug*

Feeling your pain, cause I've got a bumper crop of ulcers in my mouth and throat for the second time in a month. I find wailing helps. You don't feel any better physically, it just alerts others to your suffering. WAAAAAAAAAHHH!
  • Options
    Hi FireyFirenze

Never had any encounter with this medication but it doesn't sound very pleasant. Stick at it though. If it sorts out the problem it will be worth it.

Checking in to send hugs your way tonight! *hug**hug*

Get well soon!

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    I haven't got any practical advice, but feel better soon *hug*

Feeling your pain, cause I've got a bumper crop of ulcers in my mouth and throat for the second time in a month. I find wailing helps. You don't feel any better physically, it just alerts others to your suffering. WAAAAAAAAAHHH!

bleurgh thats awful, how do you get rid of them? iv got a throat infection and ulcers at top of my throat/in my mouth but mainly all over my tongue, and an infected wisdom tooth just to top it all off. iv been waking up at 4.30 most mornings crying because the painkillers have worn off ha. :(
  • Options
    I feel your pain with the whole feeling sick, not being able to eat thing cos of an infection and/or the antibiotics. I'm in pretty much the same position!

Would ice cream help?
  • Options
    I was gonna say is there anythins you can mix it with to make it taste better? Im thinking something like jam or sugar or ice cream like being a kid again when mum would grind down painkillers into jam to swallow?
  • Options
    how do you get rid of them?

Just toughed it out the first time cause I thought it was some kind of crazy virus. Probs should go to the docs since they're back, but getting an appointment at this time of year is like getting an audience with the Dalai Lama.

Orajel and paracetamol help a little. Do try the wailing, though ;)
  • Options
    You can get an anaesthetic mouth wash if the pains bad. DIFFLAM, OTC so no scrip required. But i'd check with the chemist, make sure you can use it with the drops.
  • Options
    it needs to go everywhere really but mainly my tongue, my mouth is absolutely full of blisters and iv managed to get oral thrush too. that sounds like a good idea with the ice cubes, ill give it a try, ill try absolutely anything. i want my mouth to get better so much but i dont want to be sick every time i try and take it.

stephy a text is good cos i cant talk my mouth is swollen up and iv got bad lisps ha :(

pinch together your nose with one hand (close nostrils). No taste then.
  • Options
    aw honey