Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Graphic: American Judge abuses own daughter, she posts video of abuse on YouTube

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I urge caution before watching this. To describe it, the judge goes apeshit with a belt and repeatedly hits his daughter on the legs and hips because she wont bend over the bed so he can hit her bum. He swears at her and continues this physical and verbal barrage for 10 minutes in the video.

It will be taken down I'm sure, but no doubt it will be up on news outlets soon - I did a search for Judge William Adams on google and already forums and discussion boards all over the internet are lighting up with it.

Didn't want to post this in P&D as there's not much to discuss - the judge is sickening and the daughter is brave for posting it publicly. How people can do this to their own family I don't know.

If mods don't feel this is appropriate please feel free to remove for obvious reasons, but I was personally disturbed by the story and video and wanted to share here.

Comments

• Options
    omg thats horrific. Thats so upsetting :crying:
  • Options
    i wish i hadnt watched that
  • Options
    some of the contents are saying she was provoking it etc and should just have lied down :crying:
  • Options
    I don't really see the need in posting this to be honest if you feel theres nothing to discuss about it. it's just upsetting.
  • Options
    well i hope if theres enough coverage of it, he will be made to step down, and maybe it will provoke discussion on the attitudes to physical punishment in the US
  • Options
    One of the things that most worried me is how much he's getting into the beating; he's completely frenzied at points and exhibiting mannerisms you'd typically associate with an angry and frustrated teenage boy.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    well i hope if theres enough coverage of it, he will be made to step down, and maybe it will provoke discussion on the attitudes to physical punishment in the US

I think this is a fair point. Have removed link to video though, really not sure of the benefit for anyone to watch it unless it's people who can actually make a difference - i.e. judge made to step down/practice changed in the states - it is just incredibly upsetting and disturbing. I don't want to delete the thread as would be good to hear people's point of view on these kinds of threads...
  • Options
    Just watched the video.. absoloutely horrific :-(

Hopefully he loses his judgeship and spends a little time in Jail!

I am sure the internet machine will pick up on this and he will be made an example of, At least I hope!
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty kick-ass of the daughter to post it on Youtube. Men like that get off on control and fear and so having his actions thrust in the absolute most public forum like that will shatter that. Its dubious whether the criminal system in America will catch up with him, there are a lot of ifs and buts. However what this video does is perhaps provides a more democratic justice - as soon as his local press gets hold of this he will never be re-elected as a judge and his neighbours will shun him.

A lot of people on the website I found this (reddit) were saying that they had similiar things happen to them when they were young. I occasionally got a smack on the back of the legs, however there is a huge gulf between that kind of short sharp 'shock' discipline (as much as I wouldn't follow that example, my parents were products of their own upbringing), and a sustained barrage of verbal and physical abuse.

I still can't get over how this girl who has lived in that kind of environment, who must have had her confidence and self esteem crippled, manages to find the courage to give a final 'fuck you' to her dad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056582/Family-law-judge-brutally-beats-16-year-old-disabled-daughter-belt-playing-games.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It's on the daily mail already, I can only hope this gets wide coverage to properly enforce a public shunning of this guy.

Finally, sorry for the video link, my intention was not to upset anyone of course, I just found it so shocking I felt compelled to share. I understand it's not always appropriate however.
  • Options
    Also as a follow up:

Hillary is now 23, owns her own apartment and has got well out of there. She is living a well adjusted life and is awesome on the piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ma6g2vPRg&feature=channel_video_title

despite having cerebral palsy which impairs her motor functions.
  • Options
    There are some very, very clever people on the internet. Just look what happened to that cat in wheelie bin woman. They already have his address. If I were him I would be extremely worried right about now.
  • Options
    His address is already posted on the youtube video. We'll see what comes of this, what a horrible person. As usual, you can't tell what are trolling comments or just idiots on youtube.
  • Options
    One thing that is upsetting is - not sure whether its trolls or if people really believe it - some people defending the guy, saying he should have the right to discipline his child, they he didn't hit her face / choke her. Some people have a messed up worldview.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    One thing that is upsetting is - not sure whether its trolls or if people really believe it - some people defending the guy, saying he should have the right to discipline his child, they he didn't hit her face / choke her.

Nice to see they've got some standards of behaviour then?
  • Options
    This is horrific. It triggered my flashbacks please don't put anything like this on again. But well done her, she didn't submit to him. x
  • Options
    Didn't watch the vid and don't intend to, even just seeing the screenshots on the daily mail website is upsetting enough. What he did is disgusting and fair play to the girl for wanting to make people aware of it, this sort of shit happens everywhere but not everyone chooses to make it public.
    The comments which people make about agreeing with what he did are just sick and make me feel quite upset that people actually think like that.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    That was horrifying to watch, what's happened to her dad then? It was scary watching that, but isn't/wasn't it against the law? I understand some countries don't have the law of no child abuse...
  • Options
    Can I make a suggestion that people who post things which might upset people i.e. could cause flashbacks etc, even if it just to discuss use a trigger tag in the post title.

I think that it highlights just how prevelant child abuse is, not just sexual acts committed by paedophiles, but physical and emotional too committed by people who are meant to be loved and trusted by the child.

Whats even sadder, is how little support there is for victims of this abuse, both as children and as adults.
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    That was horrifying to watch, what's happened to her dad then? It was scary watching that, but isn't/wasn't it against the law? I understand some countries don't have the law of no child abuse...

Nothing has been done about it because she only put the video up recently. Calls have been made to the local police department (since his address has been posted on the internet, along with the local police office contact details) and they're doing an investigation [as loads of those who have phoned said]. If he was running to be re-elected recently, I don't think he's going to be.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion that people who post things which might upset people i.e. could cause flashbacks etc, even if it just to discuss use a trigger tag in the post title.

I think that it highlights just how prevelant child abuse is, not just sexual acts committed by paedophiles, but physical and emotional too committed by people who are meant to be loved and trusted by the child.

Whats even sadder, is how little support there is for victims of this abuse, both as children and as adults.

It is scary. I've witnessed first hand by living with a family (not my own) how easily a mother can get into the pattern of bullying her own daughter and can get away with it. Not to that degree of violent physical punishment but constant put-downs and discrimination that they are the 'problem child' Took me a while to realise that parents aren't perfect and that video pretty much craps on any naive notion that they are.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »

He did put "Graphic:" and a basic description of what the video was about in the title, to be fair. I knew from reading the title what I would likely be watching, so I don't think it needed a trigger tag.
  • Options
    Discipline vs. "spanking"

We occasionally hear from those who fight to uphold this practice for those under the age of 18 (even to the blaming of the social maladies of the day on a supposed "lack" of it), but we rarely, if ever, find advocates for the return of corporal punishment to the general adult community, college campuses, inmate population, or military. Why is that?

Ask ten unyielding proponents of child/adolescent/teenage-only "spanking" which of these is the "right" way to do it, and which are offensive, indecent, obscene, or abusive, and you will get ten different answers:

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/598/486/60609255-corporal-punishment.jpg

http://hpd.de/files/images/middleMicada-paddledgirl.jpg

http://inaworldofhurt.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/paddlingpic.jpg?w=200&h=329

http://cdn.mypraiseatl.com/files/2010/04/spanking.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0ACA3PAZyP8/SSkFauYNA4I/AAAAAAAAAo0/AhLSBCdiVHc/s400/PADDLING.jpg

Visit Unlimited Justice at unlimitedjustice.com on the web and on Facebook to add your voice.
  • Options
    He did put "Graphic:" and a basic description of what the video was about in the title, to be fair. I knew from reading the title what I would likely be watching, so I don't think it needed a trigger tag.

Agreed. Shy put plenty of info down about the vid and it's content.
  • Options

I'm just saying as a rule on these type of posts, there have been a couple of threads recently which had potencially flashback triggering contents and I think its only fair to apply the same rule to those as we do to other potentially triggering posts.
  • Options
    Nothing surprises me about those, who are supposed to be respectable guardians of society, anymore. Maybe I'm just jaded.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    If he was running to be re-elected recently, I don't think he's going to be.

This is Texas though. They'd probably give him a fucking medal. The chances of a Republican judge ending up in prison in Texas are about a million to one.
  • Options
    Yea if you think, some people were supporting him on the daily mail website, he has come out publicly now and said "its not as bad as it looks" - basically sweeping it under the carpet.

Hopefully though he won't get elected. As MissRiot says though, how often does this go on behind closed doors and doesn't get posted on Youtube?

Everytime I look back on here I am staggered by the massive amount of balls it took for her to post it online.