Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why is Thesite so dead???

Just noticed the last post was one I made at 0917am this morning. In the past you couldn't go 30 seconds without someone chiming in. What's going on people?!>?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's been like this for a while, I think. I don't know about others; but it has been slow in responding and generally been rubbish with me lately.
    Weird, it's been ok for me.
    I tried to have a look earlier and the site was down
    I've been away
    Been slow loading for me...but also JsT is away, and it seems a lot of the old crowd have either disappeared or gone quiet

(btw, i'm gonna keep confusing people if i keep saying stuff about "the old crowd" when it looks like i've only been here for a few months, but i was -in a previous incarnation- twisted_trinity, if anyone hadn't guessed by now)
    Not enough fresh blood hanging around. However, there's also been some problems with the pages loading at @thesite on twitter shows...
    The boards have been slowly dying for awhile.

Even the most heavily trafficked sections are going for days without any posts.
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Been slow loading for me...but also JsT is away, and it seems a lot of the old crowd have either disappeared or gone quiet

(btw, i'm gonna keep confusing people if i keep saying stuff about "the old crowd" when it looks like i've only been here for a few months, but i was -in a previous incarnation- twisted_trinity, if anyone hadn't guessed by now)

:eek: I never knew that!
    I noticed it was getting quieter too. I've been very busy recently so that's my excuse but still try to look here as often as possible even if I don't log on.

At one stage it was rammed with people wanting to be on top... now it's taking hours to get a reply. Maybe when winter comes it'll liven up?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I can't get on the forums on my girlfriends computer, it just 404's.

Also, the newer cliquey type people really put me off. I know it's like the pot calling the kettle black, but I like to think I've grown up a little since then.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It'll get busy again.

Goes through cycles this place.
    Weekender Offender 
    I didn't know you were twisted trinity either. And this place is pretty dead these days
    boards are not working properly for some people so im guessing that is a factor. It has been quiet lately before that as well.
    spam majorly puts me off from visiting these days. even if its not necessarily with spam links in it, you can still tell its a spam post. especially when they go round dragging up old posts with pointless answers like 'i like shopping.' really annoying.
    i always wonder why it's so quiet. it used to be my guilty pleasure and now there's nothing to be guilty about! :flirt:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    kezia wrote: »
    i always wonder why it's so quiet. it used to be my guilty pleasure and now there's nothing to be guilty about! :flirt:

I'm sure you could find something ;)
    i think all forums have got quiter since facebook got big, but facebooks new "updates" and weird changes and issues with privacy etc, I think might make people start going back to using forums again more
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, certainly the last few days we've been having very frustrating - problems with slow down to the whole site and issues with page loading times - this is bound to have an impact on posting activity. :(

More generally though - we also have a few issues with TheSite.org as a whole website not coming up as highly in google at the moment and of course facebook - as SCC says though - I think it's still clear what forums like this can offer that's different... :cool:

In terms of the community - can't deny fewer posts, but quality of posting generally is still really good imo and the fact you guys are posting about this slow down is positive - hopefully a sign that you care about people having the opportunity to use this place to get advice. Don't forget live chat too - average chat is attended by 15 people a night and is a great way to get to know others better and chat about general activity on the boards...

Also, you can always post new ideas etc as you guys are what makes this place.
    Hardly on here these days but when I have popped on it has seemed alot quieter. Comes and goes though as some people have said :)
    we need to liven it up. Hmm, how about a party?

I'll bring some beer.
    I'll bring the lube
    Might liven up of its own accord now the boards are working again.

Go ahead with your lube-party anyway, if you like...
    You can't have a party without cake!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    There seems to be lots of people looking for advice in the relationships section at the moment... :chin:
    Am i too late for the lube party?
    **helen** wrote: »
    There seems to be lots of people looking for advice in the relationships section at the moment... :chin:

I think theres something in the air...nearly everyone I know (including myself) that was coupled up has split up with someone in the past couple of months...

Lube + Cake = food fight?
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Lube + Cake = food fight?

Messy! I like it... ;p
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Am i too late for the lube party?

We'll have our own :naughty:
    skakitty wrote: »
    Messy! I like it... ;p

yeah I was kinda thinking that! :P
    Ok, so we've got beer and lube. Any tunes?