Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

boards not loading

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
for the last two days any of the threads i open to read only half comes up and it takes ages for the rest to show if it shows at all. The boards are super slow too. Is this happening to anyone else?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, me. Have changed browsers so sure it's not that.
    Yes pretty terrible for me right now.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Is this still an issue guys?
    yes, it's taken me a good three/four minutes to get to see your reply
    Pretty much un-useable for me atm.
    Mines Taking forever too,
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Mystery of the slow boards and the Hairy Bikers

I've been doing a bit of investigating into the problem with the boards taking so long to load.

2011-09-27_1321.png

Over the last few days our Google Analytics stats have showed that pages are taking a lot longer to load than normal. Most pages really shouldn't be taking longer than 3 secs to load.

Putting two and two together, we think the problem may have something to do with a recent collaboration Do-it (TheSite.org's sister site) has agreed with the BBC and the current series of Hairy Bikers.

The series is focussing on Meals on Wheels provision, and is encouraging people to sign up to help in their community by signposting them from the Hairy Bikers website through to a special page on Do-it. The link is now live on the BBC site.

Apparently, talking to our systems colleague, it's possible that the increased load on the server because of the programme - may be spilling over and affecting on our other services like TheSite.org. We should be setting up a new server to deal with this today. Once this is complete- we'll be monitoring things to see if this has sorted the slowness problem.

I'll update this thread when this is done. Hopefully before the Hairy Bikers is on the telly tonight! :wave:
    Well, I'll stop griping then, because that's awesome. I had noticed that Youthnet.org was also slow.
    Nice to know that the reason for the slow down was caused by a brilliant scheme YouthNet are running :)

I have not been on here in a fair few days, I gave up for a while after pages just were not loading at all, nice to see it has all sorted out though :)