Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

eyebrow plucking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi evry1,
i recently started plucking my eyebrows and when i jhave plucked them, it leaves like a red mark where the hair has been. what can i do to prevent this or to get rid of it. plz help
luv lou

Comments

• Options
    Try plucking your brows when u get out of the bath, that way your pores are opened up more and the hairs come out easier and that shouldnt really leave a mark. Ice cubes are another thing u could try, hold an ice cube to your eyebrows and that will kinda freeze the area making it less painful and it therefore wont go red.

:D
  • Options
    Try doing it just after the shower...

Another tip, for gods sake don't pluck them too thin. Have seen a fair amount of younger (older as well) girls doing that when starting out.
  • Options
    Go and get your eyebrows waxed because although it will still leave a red mark, it will be over in seconds! And they will shape them nicely for you! In the meantime , don't touch the area after you have plucked and use some cold water or ice to help the redness.
  • Options
    I agree with Go_Away, waxing is the way to do it. I call in every few weeks, it's £3 and 2 minutes, with no fuss. I get nice shaped eyebrows without all the painful fiddling trying to get it right myself.

My eyebrows are a tad scary, plucking would take a fortnight. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I do it as I need to, if I dont then I get the big huge one eyebrow like well whoever has got one and I am WELL to vain to have that.

My question is, do any other guys out there do that???????

*thinks the piss will be taken out of him*

• Options
    Originally posted by wuckFit
    big huge one eyebrow like well whoever has got one and I am WELL to vain to have that.

My question is, do any other guys out there do that???????

*thinks the piss will be taken out of him*

UNA BROW!! :D

lol.

Of course other guys do it, ask Justin Credible, the man's obsessed with his :p

I mean, you shave your beard, why would it be weird to shape your eyebrows?? Sometimes silly gender norms make me laugh so much.
  • Options
    I mean, you shave your beard, why would it be weird to shape your eyebrows??

Dont know if its a scottish thing or what, but when I have mentioned that I do it to most folk I get the reply..............

"Eeeewwww, you a poof or something"

Thats what made me ask really, I do it cos am vain and want to keep myself looking all nice and pretty, well try anyway

• Options
    awww, ain't she pretty! :p

"you a poof or something"

ah yes, obviously the kind of phrase used by the intelligent & cultured section of our society.

Personally I prefer a man with a good sense of personal grooming.
  • Options
    Personally I prefer a man with a good sense of personal grooming

WOO HOO

:p
  • Options
    Get them done in a salon. Its only about six quid. Or pluck them before you go to bed, the redness will be gone by the morning.
  • Options
    ive tried plucking them at night, but the redness hasnt gone by the morning. its still there. what should i do then
  • Options
    For the men who 'shape' their eyebrows, how do you do it? Sadly I only have one eyebrow, and want to do something about it, but don't know where to start.
  • Options
    Originally posted by louise13
    ive tried plucking them at night, but the redness hasnt gone by the morning. its still there. what should i do then
    Maybe it's the technique that you're using. Try getting the tweezers closer to the root of the brow and hold the skin extremely taught so that it doesn't pull it so much. It is also useful if you pull the eyebrow out in the direction that it grows in which I believe is generally sidewards and ensure that you only do one at a time.