Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No Period But not pregnant :|

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im so confused.
I had my last period on the 9th august to the 16th, but then i forgot to take the pill so i havent taken the pill since, but i was due on my period last thursday but still nothing has happened. I though i might of been pregnant ( as ive had sex this month) but ive done like a billion tests and all negative.
Whats wrong!
xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes you miss a period for no reason, and having been on the pill for a while might have done something to your hormone levels so that it's late.
  • Options
    Stress / underweight / overweight / certain medications / being unwell / hormone imbalances etc can all cause periods to dissappear. I wouldn't worry about just one going a miss, it happens from time to time, drs normally become concerned after 3 missed periods.
  • Options
    I would say that it is most likely something to do with your hormones being confused as you've not taken the pill for a while, however if your really worried you might be pregnant go to the doctor and they can give you a blood test to check as sometimes it takes a while for the HCG to show up in your urine.
  • Options
    Hi, well i thought it was that i was pregnant but ive done three tests now and so far all negative, though ive been having all the pre pregnancy symptoms :/ thats why im conserned. Though im hoping its just the hormones from the pill, but im so unsure :( xx
  • Options
    there is such a thing as a phantom pregnancy - I've had a couple, where you feel all the symptoms, sometimes for few weeks at a time, and the test says no. Its just hormonal upheaval. If you're really concerned, have a blood test, but I'd just ride it out and see how you feel in a couple of weeks.