Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

possability i could be pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, im usually on the regular pill, however for some reason ive managed to misplace my last packet before i go back to the doctors to get my new set. So i had since my last period, which started on the 9th august and ended on the 16th august, i havent taken the pill. However i recently had unprotected sex ( i know silly) with my boyfriend yesterday and i now im concerned whether there could be a chance im pregnant? Advice please!
xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you have had unprotected sex then there is the chance yes. You should get a test and find out.
    yes, there is a possibility. For the week you have your break from the pill you are protected but not after those 7 days unless you start the new pack on time. Best way to know is take a pregnancy test
    If you only had unprotected sex yesterday you can take the emergency contraceptive pill up to 72 hours after (although the effectiveness decreases the longer you leave it). Despite it sometimes being called the morning after pill it is important to remember that it can still work up till 72 hours after :)

After that it would be a good idea to think about getting a pregnancy test, but you won't be able to take one for a couple of weeks. (The first day of your missed period).

Let us know how you get on :)
    ahh thankyou, how long do you think i should wait til i do one :/ xx
    You need to wait at least a week if not longer.

Tbh, I'd just go and get the MAP asap! Its free from most pharmacys
    Go and get the morning after pill (also known as emergency contraception). Available from your GP, pharmacists and walk in centres, as well as family planning clinics and sexual health centres.
    If it is only recent sex try emergency contraception, if not, some pregnancy tests can pick up the hormone needed for the pregnancy test 8 days after conception, but in most instances it takes between 10-14 days after conception to pick it up if not longer. So if you had unprotected sex and it has been more than 8 days since it happened you may be able to pick it up on an early test. If i was you i would count how many days its been, if more than 10 take a test with ur first morning wee and then again in a few days time.
    Will be finding out this week guys! shall keep you informed! xx