Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where different children sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure where to post this, as a number of different areas on the forums would have been "correct". I chose home law and money as this post is all about the home and money that some families have.

I thought I would post this as it touched me as to how different a life we can have depending on nothing more than where we are born

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/where-children-sleep
Mr. Mollison’s new book, “Where Children Sleep,” had its origins in a project undertaken for a children’s charity several years ago. As he considered how to represent needy children around the world, he wanted to avoid the common devices: pleading eyes, toothless smiles. When he visualized his own childhood, he realized that his bedroom said a lot about what sort of life he led. So he set out to find others.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I found it to be very eye opening. I would have guessed P& would be the natural place for this. I am continually astonished by how much we can learn about ourselves and our humanity through the arts. The Romanian boy was heartbreaking.