Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New live chat guidance

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
:wave:

Jo7 and I have had our thinking caps on for the last couple of weeks (does happen from time to time) and we've been chatting with users, mods, TheSite.org Leaders and experts about how we present TheSite.org's chat room.

When I look at the chat rules page we currently have it makes me go a bit :yuck:
So we decided to come up with a new Q&A for the room that is more about how to make the most of the chat room and less about 'don't do this and don't do that'.

We're aiming to get it live on the chat section by early next week (Monday avo/Tuesday) so before then we'd like to run it by you guys to see what you think.

It's a public Google doc that you can see here -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16T0o4Fj9g2CMB7k6wkXElTqV0_owHAsWmoPX0aalY_E/edit?hl=en_US

Take a look and either post your thoughts as replies to this thread by noon on Monday or alternatively you can PM either of us.

Cheers! :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I notice you whacked in askTheSite a few more times. I wonder who could have possibly come up with that idea :chin: ;)
    thumbs up from me, i think there's a lot in there that really needed to said, and with those guidelines in place i'd be more likely to use chat in the future.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    omg hi wrote: »
    thumbs up from me, i think there's a lot in there that really needed to said, and with those guidelines in place i'd be more likely to use chat in the future.

:D makes us happy!
    I notice you whacked in askTheSite a few more times. I wonder who could have possibly come up with that idea :chin: ;)

I can't think....:razz:
    **helen** wrote: »
    I can't think....:razz:

:D

Tell Jo I got my parcel today, btw. Also that they didn't EAT him, they respect him hugely.
    'Tis great, really helpful!
    I'm just wondering, you know the expert chats? Can anyone go in there to just read, or do you have to ask a question if you go in?
    'Tis great, really helpful!
    I'm just wondering, you know the expert chats? Can anyone go in there to just read, or do you have to ask a question if you go in?

You can go in just to read :).

Cheers :)

Tis a good point, so we'll be sure to add a line that covers it.
    **helen** wrote: »
    Tis a good point, so we'll be sure to add a line that covers it.

Done :thumb:
    I think that these are fab guidelines and things that needed to be addressed! Big thumbs up from me :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remember that the colon doesn't work for everyone to post actions. Maybe you should say that /me works as an alternative.