Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

just.. argh

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    hes dumping me

It's always difficult, although in the long-term it sounds as if this guy is doing you a favour. To be honest though, I think he's bluffing. I expect he wants you to practically beg for him to take you back, on the premise that you'll compromise and agree to act upon his wishes, questioning nothing in future - that way, you'll have to be the grateful one.
    go_away wrote: »
    It's always difficult, although in the long-term it sounds as if this guy is doing you a favour. To be honest though, I think he's bluffing. I expect he wants you to practically beg for him to take you back, on the premise that you'll compromise and agree to act upon his wishes, questioning nothing in future - that way, you'll have to be the grateful one.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Don't let him use this to control you.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    I expect he wants you to practically beg for him to take you back...
    if this is true, he got what he wanted, i'm gonna get the thread closed cos its obvious im not brave or strong enough to look after myself etc. i dont know, i'm wasting your time tbh, thanks for your help everyone
    its obvious im not brave or strong enough to look after myself

You are, you just have to start convincing yourself of that.

It's really really hard dealing with a relationship like this, let alone when you've got your own problems you're trying to work through - I've been there and while I came out the other side and life improved by infinity, looking back, it was one of the most difficult and traumatic times of my life - and hell, I didn't even realise my ex was being abusive - that's how much I allowed myself to trust his word/actions over mine. Having gone through it and looked back - whatever your age is or however much you think a relationship is worth it, it all completely cancels out when there's abuse involved.
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    i'm wasting your time tbh, thanks for your help everyone

You're not. *hug*
    I think he's bluffing. I expect he wants you to practically beg for him to take you back, on the premise that you'll compromise and agree to act upon his wishes, questioning nothing in future - that way, you'll have to be the grateful one.

exactly what i was thinking. No way is he dumping you. He'll make you stew, then he'll take you back as long as you pander to him.

And it will go on.

You mark my words
This discussion has been closed.