Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Need your help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not really sure about posting this on here because I don't want opinions, like talk to your doctor and stuff. I'm seeing a counsellor and it's not helping. I just want someone to tell me how to cope please? Because I'm thinking the only thing that will help is suicide.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try and focus on why you want to keep on going, not why you don't
    I can't think of any reason to carry on.
    nothing at all? not even the tiny little things
    Like Right Now? Or just in general at the moment?

If it's like right now, tonight, NOW, then you can go to A and E and ask for help. Even if they can't help at least you'll be in a safe place.

Do you have a friend or family person that you can go to tonight or at least call?

xxx
    Nothing
    It's all the time. I can't do anything tonight because me sister is here but I'm planning it.
    I don't want any family though. Family sucks.
    I hope you're ok this morning. I sometimes find that challenging myself to wait 5 mins, then another 5, then another, etc. can help. Talking to a friend online or on the phone can help as well.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I do feel it's important to say this; if you really want to beat the suicidal feelings in the long run, you do need to see your GP.

If you're planning to do it, you should go to A&E and ask for the duty psychiatrist. It's a terrifying thing to do but it will mean you can access some more appropriate support, it sounds like counselling isn't quite enough right now.
    I have a best friend but she's away so I can't get in touch with her.
    Talking doesn't help. It stops me in the meantime from doing something but it doesn't help with my emotions, and it doesn't clear my head. I've spoken to a few people in the past but it's just.. Crap.
    I know it doesn't clear your head, but only long-term support to provide concrete techniques will help you do that. Being stopped from doing something is an achievement at this stage.
    Uhh I guess so.. Never mind.
    We do care, don't give up. It's hard to modulate tone in writing but I'm not being critical.
    I know, thanks.