Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Scared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two broken ribs, broken upper arm and bruises everywhere. Begged council to help, there's nothing. I don't know what else to do, please help me :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you been to the police? At this stage if the hospital didn't do much to help they're the only people I can think of if it's about getting this bloke off your back.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :yes: and *hug*

In other news...

I've just spoken to a Safe Stop affiliated with Depaul UK - if you can get to a GP either today or tomorrow morning then they should be able to refer you to a service such as this - or one of the foyers. If not a GP then the other kinds of people who could refer you are people at the council or the youth worker you mentioned you had contact with before. Unfortunately it's really difficult for me to refer you having not met you as I have no proof of your ID etc which is what they need, they will also need to run a police check.

Based on your age and situation - Foyer Federation/Depaul UK are both there to prevent you from having to sleep rough if you don't have friends or family to stay with and or the council can't offer you anything.

Keep us posted.
    :yippe: for that.

Whatever happens, try not to take no for an answer. If a GP referral to those places will get you to somewhere warm and dry then make sure they actually make the referral urgently. And if you didn't like the doctor you saw last time ask to see someone else.
    piccolo wrote: »
    And if you didn't like the doctor you saw last time ask to see someone else.

:yes: are you carrying any kind of ID with you?
    okay thanks, yeah I have provisional driving license if that counts. I don't know if I can get to see them today will have to go and see now.
    A provisional would probably be enough given the circumstances. I would get your doctor to give you a letter confirming that driving licence number xxxxx is a true likeness of you and gives your previous address accurately, or something like that. Countersignature counts for a lot.

Good luck.
    The doctors, youth place and the council all close at 5 so it'll have to be tomorrow now. I just have a feeling that they are going to say exactly the same thing as the council have about not having anywhere free and that I'm a student etc, worth a try though.
    I would assume that since someone has gone to the trouble of making the routine enquiry for you this is good information. Try to take it seriously.

Hope you get an appointment tomorrow; showing up in person at around 8:30 or when they open is usually the best way to do that.
    I am taking it seriously, thank you for the help.
    You're all right, I should have phrased that better I was trying to be encouraging not critical. *hug* Further luck x
    not got much to add but*hug* hope it goes all well tmrw
    yes, good luck xxx
    Good luck xx
    Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    ((hugs)). I really, really hope it goes well for you.
    Thank you all for your support. I bring good news for a change :thumb:

I have been to GP, had urgent referral for some sort of emergency housing, not sure what or where yet, I will find out about in a couple of days, and have got a place in a B&B while the referral goes through. This is a huuuge relief and I thank everyone who has helped me get this far. :)
    you've done this yourself; well done for keeping going.

*hug* Congratulations :yippe:
    Brilliant news: that was all your own work!
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    That's great news Hmmm7 :d
    Thank you everyone, seriously. I am crying happy tears. You guys are all awesome :D
    Brilliant news: that was all your own work!

:yes: what I've just said in a PM - major bravery! :)
    This is great news, really happy for you :d
    *hug*
    brilliant news hmm! well done :d:d*hug*
    Good news :D :yippe:
    This made my day yesterday :d Just wanted to post to say well done you for persevering! :yippe:
    Someone pinch me! I have MORE good news! Accommodation is sorted, move tomorrow :D student accommodation for September (nearly) sorted :D, AND I have a job interview on tuesday.

I think I'm dreaming!!
    Excellent! And good luck with the job interview.
    ooh this is brilliant! :)
    Brilliant news! Really admirable that you didn't give up, and I am so pleased it paid off for you! Good luck for the job interview, but I'm sure you'll do great :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, I'm glad to hear this, great news. Good luck with the rest :)