Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

sex friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do u think its a good idea to sleep with a friend if both of you know that you are doing it just for sex?

Comments

• Options
    Depends really, if you want a fuck buddy then go for it. Ive kinda had one of these before and I think its great, sex with no strings attached, its good for if you dont want a relationship but need a shag. If you think its going to effect your friendship and are having doubts then dont do it but I would personally. :p
  • Options
    i do but im not sure if its the right thing to do-he has a gf
  • Options
    Well if hes got a girlfriend then I dont think its a good idea, unless he wants to be with you but you say its just for sex. Why does he want to sleep with you if he has a girlfriend? Is he trying to hint he likes you or something, if he truly liked his girlfriend then he wouldnt want to sleep with you would he? It sounds like he wants to go out with you and is seeing what you would say if he suggested sleeping with you. Or maybe hes not getting any off his girfriend in which case he could be just using you for sex.

If you were both single I would say go for it but if he has a girlfriend then I wouldnt bother, he doesnt sound worth it.
  • Options
    If he's got a g/f why the fuck does he want a fuck buddy ??

I'd never do it.
  • Options
    hes not getting any from his gf-im single and therefore am also not getting any
  • Options
    I assume his g/f doesn't know about this ??

You should tell him to stick it.
  • Options
    Sorry but it sounds like he is just using you for sex. Hes got a girlfirend yet wants to sleep with you just becasue hes not getting any from his girlfriend. I wouldnt do it, yeah neither of you are getting it but wouldnt you like to have sex which has a meaning, where you two feel something for eachother rather than with someone who already has a girlfriend and therefore is clearly only in it with you for a quick shag. People like him arent worth bothering with :mad: think about his girlfriend :eek:
  • Options
    no she doesn't
  • Options
    regardless of whether he's getting any from his gf...you shouldn't sleep with him.

i think if both are unattached...a fuck buddy is ok.
  • Options
    Sorry, but to me if you agree to this, then you are degrading yourself.
  • Options
    Thats pretty low, Why not find your self a bloke that ain't got a girlfreind

or does that take the appeal way from it!?

If you can both do it without feelings coming into it then go for it, and will you not feel Guilty if you have sex with him?

Also kiss your friendship good bye as well

Still I'm open to the idea myself, Now I just need to find a female friend who doesn't have a bf and you can stand me!:p ;) :rolleyes: :(:):o
  • Options
    i dont think it is a good idea wether anyone is single or attached,what happens if one of you starts to devolp feelings for the other? Some one is bound to get hurt some way along the line, go out and get your self a proper partner which should be better for everyone all round :)
  • Options
    Don't do it!

You shouldn't do it because like Eminem Lover said, you will begin to fell used after a while, and it will effect your friendship with him in the long run!

Also if he has a girlfriend and he is thinking of cheating on her because he isn't getting any sex, well that's just's just sad!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Give him £30 for a prossie and keep him as a friend!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bacardi
    hes not getting any from his gf-im single and therefore am also not getting any

Being single does NOT mean not getting any!!! Trust!!!
  • Options
    Re: Don't do it!
    Originally posted by xxLaydee_Icexx
    You shouldn't do it because like Eminem Lover said, you will begin to fell used after a while, and it will effect your friendship with him in the long run!

:rolleyes:

OK I disagree with this statment YOU BEGIN TO FEEL USED????
    If any of you begin to feel used then u are in it for the wrong reasons think about it!!!
    I ALSO DISAGREE with the comment no relationship no strings! Let me explain..... I have had the same "fuck buddie" as you lot call it for 3 years now we are very close and are mates as well we still speak on the phone even if we arent sleeping together and sometimes we dont sleep together for months on end. We dont get jelous if 1 of us has a b/f or g/f and we have no intentions of getting together!!
    The relationship we have is caring saring friendship. NOT b/f & g/f!
    If you can handle it go for it alot of my mates are male some of them i have slept with and no it hasnt changed our relationship as friends (JUST SO LONG AS THE GUYS ARENT MATES WITH EACH OTHER THATS A NO-GO!).
    But I do think you and they have to be mature enough to deal with it mentally!!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Don't do it!
    Originally posted by trixibelle

OK I disagree with this statment YOU BEGIN TO FEEL USED????
    If any of you begin to feel used then u are in it for the wrong reasons think about it!!!
    I ALSO DISAGREE with the comment no relationship no strings! Let me explain..... I have had the same "fuck buddie" as you lot call it for 3 years now we are very close and are mates as well we still speak on the phone even if we arent sleeping together and sometimes we dont sleep together for months on end. We dont get jelous if 1 of us has a b/f or g/f and we have no intentions of getting together!!
    The relationship we have is caring saring friendship. NOT b/f & g/f!
    If you can handle it go for it alot of my mates are male some of them i have slept with and no it hasnt changed our relationship as friends (JUST SO LONG AS THE GUYS ARENT MATES WITH EACH OTHER THATS A NO-GO!).
    But I do think you and they have to be mature enough to deal with it mentally!!!

Do you not thnk this will cause problems when you meet someone you want to settle down with? Or will you drop your *mates*
    (Not being critical, just asking:) )
  • Options
    No I wont drop my mates at all!!! I will probally still speak to him on the phone as I will to all of my mates it Doesnt meen u cant see your mates when u r in a relationship!!! Any guy I got with would have to understand I have very close girl and boy mates!!

If I did settle down with someone I would still speek to him just wouldnt Sleep with him thats all and the same if he settled down!!!
  • Options
    No I wont drop my mates at all!!! I will probally still speak to him on the phone as I will to all of my mates it Doesnt meen u cant see your mates when u r in a relationship!!! Any guy I got with would have to understand I have very close girl and boy mates!!

If I did settle down with someone I would still speek to him just wouldnt Sleep with him thats all and the same if he settled down!!!

Would be hard for your partner though. I couldn`t handle my gf staying friends with someone she`d slept with.
  • Options
    Well i would tell them straight and they would have to accept it Im not a cheater. If I needed to cheat there would be no need to get in to a re;ationship I belive if you are gonna get with someone properly then do it 100% I couldnt bare hurting anyone!! An dthats the gods honest truth!!!
  • Options
    Well i would tell them straight and they would have to accept it Im not a cheater. If I needed to cheat there would be no need to get in to a re;ationship I belive if you are gonna get with someone properly then do it 100% I couldnt bare hurting anyone!! An dthats the gods honest truth!!!

I totally agree and admire you for that. Honesty is vital.

I know that on a personal point of view if it were me Id want you to be honest but I dont think I could cope with you staying friends with your *mates* (I have a jealous streak) I understand that we ALL have a past, but I have to leave the past behind, I cant continue it on another level.

If you meet someone who appreciates your honesty and is ok with your *mates* you will have found someone who is right for you:)
  • Options
    If you meet someone who appreciates your honesty and is ok with your *mates* you will have found someone who is right for you

I do knw this if they cant accept me for who i am then sod them!!!!! I wouldnt want to be with them anyway!!!
    Im really not ready to sett;e down, I LOVE BEING SINGLE AND jelososy is not some thing I find attactive in men!!! I actually have more male friends than female and if someone doesnt like that then I would show them the door!!!
    I am not easliy attacted to someone anyway and they have to seriously inpress me if they are intressted any how! I wouldnt even think of dating a guy unless they were some one i wanted to spend the rest of my life with or at least saw a very long future with them!! Otherwise whats the point???? Its not about just being withsome cause you dont want to be alone. Im happy being alone and dont want to get with someone I dont really really have feelings for!!!
  • Options

I do knw this if they cant accept me for who i am then sod them!!!!! I wouldnt want to be with them anyway!!!
    Im really not ready to sett;e down, I LOVE BEING SINGLE AND jelososy is not some thing I find attactive in men!!! I actually have more male friends than female and if someone doesnt like that then I would show them the door!!!
    I am not easliy attacted to someone anyway and they have to seriously inpress me if they are intressted any how! I wouldnt even think of dating a guy unless they were some one i wanted to spend the rest of my life with or at least saw a very long future with them!! Otherwise whats the point???? Its not about just being withsome cause you dont want to be alone. Im happy being alone and dont want to get with someone I dont really really have feelings for!!!

You`re very right.

Unfortunately my jealous streak comes from my insecurity which comes from the way Ive been treated in the past (see my post *Lack of Interest* for details if you`re at all curious)

Stick to your beliefs and be happy:) ;)
  • Options
    Yes I will. And i have already read your post!
    Im not a cheat and never will be if i neede to cheat I wouldnt love the person I was with would I? And therefore would have no need to stay with them!! Being with someone is about giving yourself 100%!
  • Options
    Yes I will. And i have already read your post!
    Im not a cheat and never will be if i neede to cheat I wouldnt love the person I was with would I? And therefore would have no need to stay with them!! Being with someone is about giving yourself 100%!

I get the feeling you think Im having a go at you:( Im not at all, I appreciate your honesty and integrity.

I just said that if I was involved in a similar situation I couldn`t handle it, thats me, we are all different.

I dont believe you`re doing anything wrong, as you quite rightly said, you`re not cheating on anyone. For me that is the No1 sin.

All I originally wanted to know was how you thought you would deal with having a serious relationship in the future and basically you said what I wish everyone could say *Ill be upfront and honest*:D
  • Options
    Sorry bandit no i didnt think you were having a go didnt meen to sound snappy thats not the way it was written. Just lettin u know my persective of relationships xx:D :D
  • Options
    Sorry bandit no i didnt think you were having a go didnt meen to sound snappy thats not the way it was written. Just lettin u know my persective of relationships xx:D :D

Probably just my insecurity surfacing again!!!!:rolleyes:

:D:D