Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Do you think there right?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya i was just thinking do you think people are right when they say you always find love when your not looking for it. If so how many of your have found love when you was not looking ? S.G :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Definitly happened to me.

I was working in Spain 4 years ago, & saw my man sitting in a bar one afternoon when I was out walking.........

......................& 4 yrs later I'm still living with him here in Belgium..........& I know we are for life. :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I'm looking for it and not found it so I guess they are right

When I was younger (1-2 years ago) I'd go out and having a gf was the furthest thing on my mind, and at the end of the night I'd have 2 or 3 girls numbers! and dating one of them :)

Now Its the other way round, I've hit a big dry spell!:( :eek: :(
  • Options
    I agree that people often find love when they dont go looking for it, but its nothing at all to do with fate.

People are generally a lot more relaxed in social situations when they aren't out looking for a potential b/f or g/f. And the desperate vibes won't be there, which always helps I suppose.
  • Options
    All my serious relationships have happened that way. I went to uni looking for some fun & fell head over heels. When I split up with that guy, all I wanted was some fun again but guess what...hook line & sinker once again.
    Maybe I'm just incapable of having flings :rolleyes: One night stands I can do but for some reason casual relationships always get heavy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    People are generally a lot more relaxed in social situations when they aren't out looking for a potential b/f or g/f. And the desperate vibes won't be there, which always helps I suppose.

I totally agree with Atomic Brian, you DO tend to be more relaxed and open when you are not looking for potential partners.

I met my current b/f walking home from a night club. He then recognised me in a different club 5 years later, when I was talking to some mates!

The more "desperate" vibes you send off the more it puts off the potential partners!!

But I don't believe in fate....