Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stuck in the Middle.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :)

I'm 17 and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Before we got together i had feelings for a friend of ours, i thought nothing of it and picked my boyfriend. The last 2 years has had its ups and downs, but its mostly been good. For the last month or so i have been feeling used by him, he never really see's me and when we do we usually just have sex or something. It didn't seem to bother me, untill a month a go i found out i was pregnant, i just broke down, and when i turned to him for support he just made excuses up that the tests were faulty. I finally had the guts to go get seen and desided having an abortion would be for the best, he didn't even come with me.

These feelings that i had for my friend have came back up and there stronger than ever, i think its just cause he showed me attention when i needed the most. I'm not gonna lie i thought it was nothing untill someone pointed it out that she could tell we liked each other.

I'm just so confussed. I don't wanna break up a realtionship with someone i love to get with someone who might only want a fling and fuck me off in a few months. I just don't wanna loose two good friends.

Any advice would be good :)

Ally

Comments

• Options
    I've often found that in long term relationships when its not going so well my head could get turned by somebody but I've always come to the conclusion it wasn't worth ending it with somebody I loved for something that might end in tears. You might end uo regretting it if you split up with your bf, get with your mate and it does not work out for both of you, then you will be on your own and not friends with either of them anymore.

I think you need to speak with your boyfriend and explain you don't feel loved/valued any more. Personally I think it was really bad of him not to come to your doctors appointment. How old is your boyfriend? x
  • Options
    Your boyfriend is a dick and the other guy cares for you.

After summarizing your story succinctly, I leave you to make your own decision.
  • Options
    My boyfriend is 18. I have talked to him loads of times and things will go okay for a week or two and then it just goes back to the way it was.
  • Options
    First, speak to your boyfried about your issues and worries. If thing dont change then dump him, he sounds like a dick to me.

I think you're right when you ay you might be attracted to the other guy cos he gave you attention when you needed it. We;ve all been guilty of doing that. I would say dont be in any rush to start something new with this friend, just take it easy. Give it time to decide whether you actually like him or not, or you may even decide you want to be single for a while.

If you end up with him or not, at least you'll be free of the other guy. Its better to be single and happy than stuck in a bad relationship