Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Maths Revision Techniques

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi Everybody, Im studying maths at the moment, I am 22, and have left maths a while but now need to go back to it.. I last learnt about maths about just under a yr ago, So i have some knowledge.. I just was wondering if any of you have any revision techniques, for maths revision.. As i am finding it very hard to get motivated..

Thanks

Claire :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do you have anyone who can help you? You can also use cards. Question on one side and answer on the other.
  • Options
    I used to do this for all my subjects but you can do it for maths as well.

For each topic use just one A4 sheet of paper and condense all your information and knowledge on it onto that paper. Re-read all your old notes and gather it all into just one place. Some topics need both sides of paper, some just need half of one side. Use different colours to liven it up, whatever will be easiest for you to scan read later and understand.

Also with maths the best thing is to practice. Its all very well learning how to do complicated equations in theory but its easy to be daunted when face with one. Good luck!
  • Options
    What exactly are you trying to revise maths for? And at what level?

Any particular topics? And are you trying to revise stuff you once knew and understood, or learn it from scratch?
  • Options
    I have to do key skills maths, it is the same as a a-c grade in gcse, I am starting to revise stuff ive learnt but ages ago.... But some of the stuff im learning from scratch...

C
  • Options
    Check out BBC bitesize, that always used to be quite good.

The very best way to learn maths though is through doing it, so you need to get hold of some questions to work through, don't just try and read a revision guide.
  • Options
    Thankyouu :D
  • Options
    If you want some more detailed help, let me know. I tutor maths from time to time.
  • Options
    It may help if you can, to get a few friends together and help each other.
  • Options
    There is only me doing it.. I am 22 so not in school or college i work full time.... I am doing maths as an extra to go with my level 3 in childcare...

Thanks for your advice though its brilliant.. :-)

I will take it on board, and im understanding the best ways to revise for maths now... Is it just me who thinks that maths is a hard subject to revise for?

C
  • Options
    It can be, yes. I found the only way was to constantly practise.
  • Options
    Thanks

C
    xx