Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Emla, Numbing cream for tattoos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :)
Im getting my first tattoo tomorrow on my back, around my shoulder area and although im really looking forward to getting it, i am obviously nervous about the pain, as i beleive my pain threshold is rubbish!
I looked on the internet and found alot of people are using emla cream which i have brought today. Although there was alots of good comments, there was a few saying that it effected the quality of the tattoo :/
Any advice or views on using the cream?
Thankss!
xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didn't use it and I was fine.

Even though I'm a total wimp!
    Hi :)
    Im getting my first tattoo tomorrow on my back, around my shoulder area and although im really looking forward to getting it, i am obviously nervous about the pain, as i beleive my pain threshold is rubbish!
    I looked on the internet and found alot of people are using emla cream which i have brought today. Although there was alots of good comments, there was a few saying that it effected the quality of the tattoo :/
    Any advice or views on using the cream?
    Thankss!
    xx

Don't use it. I have a tattoo there and it barely hurt at all, aside from where it went over the spine.

Besides, that's part of the tattoo experience.
    What they said. It isn't that bad really...