Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eating Habits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HELP!!
My brother and sister are giving me a hard time about my diet. I have recently taken an overdose and ive been very unwell.. They are putting me being unwell to my diet. But i cant tell my family the really reason why im so unwell.. Im so confused about what to do..
This post prob doesnt make any sense..
Sorry

Claire

Comments

• Options
    Hey Claire,

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with your siblings, it must be difficult for you, and this must be a lot of added pressure to you, your post does make sense, but why don't you want to tell your parents about this? Is your diet okay? Or is it the OD that is affecting it? Are you scared of what your family may think if you told them the truth? If you are getting ill because of the OD, I am going to have to say to check it with your GP, because you have taken a few in a sort amount of space, would you be willing to see your GP?

Double Dots :heart:
  • Options
    My diet is okay.. I mean i dont eat many vegs but i do eat quite bit of fruit, and ive stopped eating rubbish as much... I cant tell my mum about this, because it will put her over the edge she already has depression and i dont want to worry here, she will just say that im an adult now.. like she always does... i mean i am 22.... Yeah i am worried what they will think of me. I am ashamed of myself.. I think im ill because of the OD because i have felt sick and dizzy all the time since i took them, and i remember last time this was how i felt.. for a couple of days.. I am scared to go to the drs because i dont know what they will do or say... Am unsure of what to do.. I have taken overdoses for a while now.. and not seen a dr so i guess its all my own fault! I feel so stupid would be easier if i wasnt here. I feel that sometimes..

C
  • Options
    Claire,

Their is not much I can say, apart from echo what most people have said during chat hours, and on the boards, if you are taken OD's you really need to see your Dr, are you in Therapy? In the pass you have said you have contacted Samaritans before, did they help you? Would you be willing to contact them again if you feel like this? Blaming yourself won't do much to be honest, maybe keep taking all advice and help offered to you, because this is the internet, not everyone here can help you as well as they would be able to help you in person, do you have trusted friends you could talk to?

Double Dots :heart:
  • Options
    In the past most of my friends have freaked out when ive told them about things... So im unsure of whether to tell them again..
    Yeah im on the waiting list for some counselling. I did contact the samaritans but they stopped texting me.
  • Options
    Text the Samaritans again. They're good, they do care. They won't just stop replying for no reason if they do it's an oversight and you can text again. Or use their email service (takes a day or two) jo@samaritans.org.

Your eating habits sound fine. Don't make it another stick to beat yourself with, just tell your family they're probably right and you'll keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    Yeah. I just feel so unwell.. its now half ten pm. Have Pains in chest and feel v sick and cnt sleep..
  • Options
    ClaireS wrote: »
    Yeah. I just feel so unwell.. its now half ten pm. Have Pains in chest and feel v sick and cnt sleep..

This might not be related to the overdose, it sounds like you should see a doctor either way since it's been a couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.