Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Drinking.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm 4"11 and about 6 and half stone in weight. Last night I did something really stupid - I had 2 glasses of champagne, over 3 hours, on an empty stomach. When we got back to my boyfriends flat I wasn't very well....

I don't drink very often as I'm on medication (Last night I didn't take it as I knew we were going out for a drink or two) But what is baffling me is...I've had a lot more then 2 glasses before on an empty stomach and it has not effected me in the slightest.

Does the amount of drink you can take as a person, does it depend on your weight/health?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes it can do.

Say someone who was 5ft 6" and a little heavier, would have more of them to absorb the alcohol in.
    It also depends on what sorts of amounts you drink generally. If you drink very little, you will get drunk faster on the occasions when you do drink.
    Your weight/height can affect your intake. Just as with the content in your stomach, how fast you break down and pass alcohol in your body (which only varies slightly from person to person, we all mostly have the same speed metabolism) the types of drinks you actually consume, and how fast you drink and how much over time. Always eat when you drink, and take water. That's the most common reason people are sick. Remember that alcohol is a poison, your body won't leave it in there if you have too much at one go, so it brings it up - or it absorbs in your body.
    Hey shy_girl :wave:

As the others have said there are lots of factors that mean that the same amount of alochol will have different effects on different people.

We have an article all about it that you might like to read: http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking/responsibledrinking/factorsaffectingdrink

Hope you're feeling better now :)
    I am now thank you :)