Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Depo Contraceptive Needle...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've been on this now for a year, and I've decided when my next one is due in july I'm not going to get it. Purly because I dont think its for me and I changed GP's and my new one doesn't do it.
I was just woundering if i have to wait a certain amount of time before I go on a different type of contraception or can I use something straight away.

Ally :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe talk to the doctor.
    But as I know, you just have to wait some time. (:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ally** wrote: »
    So I've been on this now for a year, and I've decided when my next one is due in july I'm not going to get it. Purly because I dont think its for me and I changed GP's and my new one doesn't do it.
    I was just woundering if i have to wait a certain amount of time before I go on a different type of contraception or can I use something straight away.

Ally :)

AFAIK you can go straight onto the pill or get an implant, because it's essentially the same hormone. I went straight from pill (Cerazette) to the implant and carried on taking my pill for the first week of the implant to make sure it was properly effective and I've had no problems.

Best thing to do is to ask.