Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bruise like lump under my skin?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I've been going through a bit of a hypochondriac phase at the moment. I've already decided to go and see my doctor about a mole on my back and am super paranoid I've got melanoma or something (don't ask me why I'm just being ott)

A few weeks ago I was rubbing my arm (top part at the front near my BCG scar) and I can feel like a lump? It feels like when you bump yourself and you get a lump though. It's warm to the touch and is completely invisible unless I rub my hand up and down it. It seems to go all the way around the top part of my arm (so if I lift up my arm to the softer part of my skin it's not there, almost like i horseshoe?) It hurts when I press it almost like a sunburn/burning sensation and It feels kind of spongey? when I press it.

I've googled and I've WebMDed and I can't find anything like this at all except for maybe an abscess or something.

I will go to the docs or pharmacy or something but I just wondered if anybody knew what this sounded like? I don't want to turn up and them go... "oh it's your muscle" or something daft.

Comments

• Options
    That sounds exactly like when I had cellulitis (an abcess) in my upper arm. It's worth seeing a doctor if it's a change from the norm and anything that's warmer than the skin around it is a worry. But if it hurts and is warm it's very likely to be an infection of some kind and very unlikely to be a malignant growth.

Hope that's reassuring. Conclusion: see a doctor but don't worry!
  • Options
    Thank you! I knew I wasn't going mad. I don't know how long it's been there and I think it might have only become noticeable because I've lost a few stone recently. Will book an appointment and let you know how I get on :) Thank you piccolo