Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

doctors today...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and im literally Sh***ing myself..

im so scared :( why am i doing this? im just ognna be wasting his time.. i dont even know what im gonna say. im so scared.. i feel like im about to cry or someting.. i dunno it feels wierd, almost likw tht hollow feelings like ur heartbroken? :S

Comments

• Options
    Scribble some stuff down before you go? Or print off any threads you have on here?
  • Options
    Scribble some stuff down before you go? Or print off any threads you have on here?

ive tried lookin thru them. i dont know wat to say though :( all i know is that im finally givin in to all the poeple who have been tellin me to go to dr for months.. :/
  • Options
    If you start by telling him that, it's a start
  • Options
    is taking a friend 4 support a gd idea? :/

everybody is offering, well everybody who knows which is only about 3 ppl rly.
    the one friend i would consider sayin yes to has just offereed :/ but i dunno if it will b a gd idea to have somebody else there
  • Options
    Yes it is if it will encourage you to be honest.
  • Options
    If you think it will help you get across what's up, then definitely take them along. They can always disappear to the waiting room half way through.
  • Options
    Hi TryingtobeStrong :wave:

Did you manage to get to the doctors? It can be scarey,did it help any?

Take care
  • Options
    hello
    sorry i havent been on here in a while. whats been going on? hope it went ok at the doctors. message me :-)
    x
  • Options
    hi all, sorry, ive had a rough few days and didnt get roudn to coming back on !

i guess it went okay. i came out crying but kinda from, not joy, but relief? Ive been given a second referal to CAMHS... but to be honest i dont have much faith in them :/ since they have done absolutley NOTHING since my referal back in feb due to suicide attempt....... why would talking to a doctor mean anythin to them?

sigh.. guess i was after a miracle, or some magic words which would just make it all disappear :/
  • Options
    Referrals take a shitload of time and if you're not referred to the crisis team after a suicide attempt then the fact of the attempt doesn't speed it up. A second kick from your doctor might. Hope it does.

I often feel the same after doctors' appointments, as though this time I expected them to have found the miracle cure. I guess subconsciously we all want the magic words.