Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Maybe this is the best title to give, although I'll try and explain how I feel.

I think it's maybe a combination of factors, but what those factors are exactly I'll try and say what I think and get feedback.

I remember when I left university I felt very anxious because I knew the friends I had made were probably going to go off around the country and world. I wasn't sure whether we would remain friends.

Maybe this has been a confidence issue too, but also fear of rejection and loss/losing touch.

What I have found is that since moving back home I've made new friends by joining a film club and getting involved in other avenues such as voluntary work. This has been good.

But at the same time I've really worried about losing touch with people.

I think with some people I've thought that their silence is rejection and this has been an issue for me - thinking they don't care. Maybe I've got this wrong. Generally the silence has been from friends further away and I hear more from people nearby. This is probably normal.

I mean I do want to maintain friendships with people but this is something I've felt unsure of.

Maybe it's learning how to identify if a friendship is over, how to deal with rejection/loss if this does happen.

Ultimately I guess you just have to move on and meet new people if this does happen.

Just looking for thoughts around what I've said