Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ok guys i went for a sti test !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didnt ring up for results seeing as i was scared off what they could be but i havent been contacted in over a month is it safe to say i would have been contacted by now if infection was found !

Comments

• Options
    It depends if you left contact details and a telephone number and whether you gave consent for them to ring you. Don't assume that they would ring you. Just give them a call. You probably are in the clear, but it's best to make sure since you went through the discomfort of having the test done in the first place.
  • Options
    i left all my details with them and am pretty sure i gave them consent i only went because i was ill for a long time with soar throat and mucas in back my throat hmmmm any other way off getting results except ringing between 8.30 and 9.30 i work 5 days a week 6 am till 6 pm !
  • Options
    My Clinic texts me if i'm clear and rings me back if there is anything to discuss (Thankfully only texts so far!)
    I would give them a call.
  • Options
    i left all my details with them and am pretty sure i gave them consent i only went because i was ill for a long time with soar throat and mucas in back my throat hmmmm any other way off getting results except ringing between 8.30 and 9.30 i work 5 days a week 6 am till 6 pm !
  • Options
    You can only call them for an hour?! Do they have an answering service that you could leave a message with to have them call you and leave a message for you? Or something online? Perhaps you could ask your boss if you could take 5 minutes to make a phone call to the doctors office during the open time.
  • Options
    Cant you ask to take a break during those times to make an important phone call?
  • Options
    Went in today all is negative was a relief i even told the nurse i loved her which i dont think she was expecting lmao ! (dick head i know ):banghead:
  • Options
    Went in today all is negative was a relief i even told the nurse i loved her which i dont think she was expecting lmao ! (dick head i know ):banghead:

I'm sure she didnt mind, nice one on the good news :)