Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hiding scars *potentially triggering*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is going to sound like such a pathetic question, but does anyone know how i could best hide scars all around my wrist (like on both sides...)-i wear bracelets but they slide down...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a chunkier watch (or a thinner style depending how much you need to hide) may help? possibly slightly tighter than the bracelets and useful too! or bracelet-y things like friendship bracelet style that you can tie on as tight or loose as you like?
    Sweat band
    Tops that are tight on the wrist and don't slide down. Or, if it's just one wrist, bandage it up and say you twisted it. Only works for a week or so every 2-3 months, thought.

I find anything else draws attention to the fact I'm hiding something.
    More bracelets.

They don't need to cover every mm of skin, but enough to mean that's what people see. Very bad example, but you get the idea at http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Assorted-Bangles/dp/B004N9THZI?extid=TP_2_FRO_T_MSF_
    Sorry I read quickly and read 'cuts' not 'scars', was very tired last night. Scary Monster's right, most people aren't looking closely enough to see between bracelets or bangles. Anything that draws attention away from the scars will probably stop them being noticed.

If they're beginning to fade, a little concealer can help, too.
    Chunky bangles with a few smaller ones if you need to cover more area.
    there is a makeup called keramask designed for covering scars and tattoos which i find very effective personally. I got it from boots.
    Thank you, all of you :) x