Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i give up

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
literally just that. -shrug-

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    at what? And what will be the consequences of you giving up? Or will you be trying again tomorrow?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Whats up Annaarrrr? *hug* Why do you give up?
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    just making an effort to keep myself happy, keeping other people happy. i cant do either without fucking something up. ive shut myself off from everyone, all my numbers are gone, facebooks gone, everything. i dont want this anymore
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually, some of this might be a good start for an orderly life. I think I have yet to reach breaking point where I delete myself from facebook and stop checking all the other useless pages every few minutes that keep me occupied and tied down to this computer chair all day long. Better yet, just sell this goddamn computer. And start doing productive things. Friends can't be bad in the process, so I would not cut them out tho.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    i dont want a life let alone an orderly one, i cant deal with all this shit anymorre
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there Anna :wave:

Hope you're ok. Sometimes it can be hard enough managing your own feelings, without the added social pressure of thinking about how that's affecting the people around you. If you feel things have got stuck in a rut or are just not working the way they are, it can be good to take a break.

There's nothing wrong with taking the time you need- taking a break from the relationships with friends and family that may be causing you most pressure. Think about whether there are people outside those you see or communicate with most that you could talk to and get a different perspective or simply change the topics of conversation (if you feel things keep going over the same old ground).

It could be old friends you haven't spoken to for ages or it could be an advisor on a helpline like Get Connected who'd be happy to talk through with you whatever it might be on your mind.