Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chores you'd rather not do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been shaving my legs for tonight and thinking 'this is such a fucking chore'. I dont mind shaving anywhere else except my legs, its such a pain in the bum!

You? Can be anything from household chores, beauty chores, work chores, any chores you can think of.

Now chores doesnt sound like a real word..... 'chores' :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    drying the dishes. It's pointless. They dry in the air anyway so it's a waste of time IMO
  • Options
    anything that I'd call a chore, I'd rather not do.
  • Options
    Anything but the washing up. now thats a fucking chore and i agree with shaving legs!
  • Options
    Making beds. Well specifically putting on the duvet cover... I just can't do that.
  • Options
    Making beds. Well specifically putting on the duvet cover... I just can't do that.

:yes:

Hanging up my clothes in the wardrobe. They end up in a huge pile at the bottom of my wardrobe till I can be bothered to faff with the hangers.
  • Options

There is something about turning the cover inside out making it easier. I don't get that.

I second putting the duvet cover on and shaving legs. Everywhere else is ok; but legs really are a pain to do.
  • Options
    Hanging up clean clothes. Once the clothes come out of the dryer, onto the spare bed they go, and there they stay until I wear them all over again.

Wrinkles, schminkles. I once saw those tight not quite jeans or leggings pants in the store that told you how to keep them wrinkley looking, so I'm secertly as stylish as a preteen :cool:
  • Options
    I actually quite like drying the dishes there and then, then the act of washing and drying is one slightly longer but single task. I can then put the crockery away right away and its all done.

If I leave them and have to put them away later, I get annoyed for some reason.
  • Options
    Ironing. hey, it'll de-crease once you wear it for an hour or so! aha
  • Options
    Hair removal in general, dragging the bin out, putting my contacts in, drying dishes, ironing.
  • Options
    Ironing. Hate it.
  • Options
    all of them that involve looking after either other people or objects/areas.

Self care i can handle.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Ironing. Hate it.

You're a man, you don't have to iron, stop being a wuss :p
  • Options
    Removing hair from the drain. The single worst task in the world.
  • Options
    Clearing the plug hole.
  • Options
    all of them that involve looking after either other people or objects/areas.

Self care i can handle.

I'm exactly the other way round! I could cook a 3-course meal for someone else but can I be arsed to microwave a potato for dinner? Nope.

Admittedly, unlike SCC, I'm not a mum so I have the luxury of only doing things for other people about once a week.
  • Options
    I'm with Piccolo on the cooking thing
  • Options
    it starts to get less fun very quickly when the lovingly prepared meals relentlessly get refused in favour of fish fingers and chips
  • Options
    *def doing the dishes when i'm not in the mood (i have cleaning moods and non cleaning moods)
    *hanging out washing to dry, especially when you have a ton of it.
    *cooking just for myself, it's way more effort than cooking for other people!
  • Options
    anything seems like too much effort atm - especially shaving lady parts!
  • Options
    cleaning the filter in the washing machine- it stinks!
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I'm exactly the other way round! I could cook a 3-course meal for someone else but can I be arsed to microwave a potato for dinner? Nope.

You sound like an ex-hallmate of mine. She said she loves cooking and I don't think she ever (or rarely, at least) had ready meals.
  • Options
    I love cooking, at uni I happily cooked (mostly) from scratch for myself everyday, just hate cleaning up afterwards!
  • Options
    Reading other peopls facebook updates. You are blissfully happy. I get it..... :rolleyes:

Shame I have to log on as its my only way of communicating with some people
  • Options
    Neddy wrote: »
    Reading other peopls facebook updates. You are blissfully happy. I get it..... :rolleyes:

:yes: too too right...
  • Options
    Ironing and anything to do with the garden. Except if I get to mow the lawn shirtless with a beer close by.
  • Options
    Neddy wrote: »

Hide them.

Seriously.

Best thing you can ever do.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »

I'm the same. When wife and baby are at home I love cooking and I love baking, I enjoy eating my food as well as having other people eat it. But when I'm alone I really can't be arsed, it never quite seems worth going to all that effort just for myself. So I end up eating baked potatoes or pasta and the like, even though I can cook and can cook well.

I'm lucky in that sod baby will still (mostly) eat what we eat, I don't know how long that will last for before she realises she can say no to everything.
  • Options
    it never quite seems worth going to all that effort just for myself. So I end up eating baked potatoes or pasta and the like, even though I can cook and can cook well.

Pretty much.

I rarely do anything more than fish finger sandwiches when I'm on my own. Last week I branched out and made an omelette. Ooooooh.

But when it comes to cooking for other people, I'll get my awesome on.
  • Options
    Hide them.

Seriously.

Best thing you can ever do.

Completely take your point. Was actually off FB altogether from March to May. Sadly I am one of these neurotic, paranoid people that sadly can't resist looking even when i know it's going to be painful