Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strangest film you ever seen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My strangest film I've ever seen but was pure genies was "Donnie Darko" its has a great twist in it:)

Or another film that left me feeling strange was "Vanilla Sky" I left the cinema thinking that a good, but strange film:)

What's the strangest film you seen, that's left you dumbfounded or made you look at life in a different light?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I watched a film a few weeks back, cant remeber the name of it I just rented it but it was the wierdest thing I ever watched. It was called momento or something, about some bloke whos wife was killed and he was badly effected and lost his memory. He was trying to find the killer but his memory only lasted a day at a time so he had to write everything down. He tattoed himself etc so he wouldnt forget things, it was SO strange, the end was at the beginning then the film worked backwards, so at the start it showed him killing the person who had killed his wife, then next was the day he found out who did it, then next was the day before that day etc, it was so strange. I thought that The Others was a wierd film as well.
  • Options
    Erm I cant think of a film that has struck me as overly wierd, aside from those i've walked in to watch when they're halfway through and I don't know the story, and the crappy fifties melodramas where people cry and murder and commit suicide for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    American Physcho was more than a little odd.
  • Options
    Event Horizon, very strange and very freeky :eek: saw it a few years ago, and then saw it again a couple of weeks back
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lorna
    American Physcho was more than a little odd.

The main guy scared the shit outta me. Plus he was kinda minging.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

The main guy scared the shit outta me. Plus he was kinda minging.
    Christian Bale I think.
  • Options
    The Royal Tennenbaums...

God I loved that movie. Sarcastic, ironic, bizare, absurd... Generally weird and twisted...

Could really recommend it. Laughed the whole way through :)
  • Options
    American Phsyco was wierd, and the guy was a complete prick.

Fear and Loathing las vegas was very wierd too :)
  • Options
    Fear and Loathing... begs a second viewing, under the influence of some substance or other. Amazing! :)

No so much weirdest but the baddest, worst ever movie I've watched recently is called 'Frogs!'. Unreal.
  • Options
    Dune

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Dune

:confused:

The Lynch version?
    Why?
    *just curious*
    *love the books myself*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    The Royal Tennenbaums...

God I loved that movie. Sarcastic, ironic, bizare, absurd... Generally weird and twisted...

Could really recommend it. Laughed the whole way through :)

I loved that film two, Was well funny!:D
    Dune

That was one long film!! But I enjoyed it
    *love the books myself*

No shit, I've read the books two, well 2 of them!
  • Options
    Has anyone seen "The Cube"?

Rent it, seriously, watch it at 4am like I did.
  • Options
    The Cube : Great idea, but could have executed better by trained monkeys. And not that hightly trained either. Definitly still worth watching though.

Strange films include (strangest first)

Pink Floyd, The Wall

Lost Highway

Delicatessen

Jacobs Ladder

Vanilla Sky
  • Options
    Lost Highway was one screwed up film!
  • Options
    Bizarre

sorry, but did any of you see Magnolia, with Tom Cruise?

DAMN!! THAT was weird with a capital WEIRD

What the hell was the deal with the frog rain??

ummm...angel is right...Memento was bloody bizarre too!!
  • Options
    Soylent Green
  • Options
    The cube is a totally wierd film!!
  • Options
    Memento was a fantastic movie! If you can understand the plot then you'll enjoy the movie! Superb but watching the movie from the end to the start is a little strange!

Strange movies I've seen are:

Ring
    Battle Royale
    Chopper
    Henry: Portrait of a serial killer
    Tron
  • Options
    The strangest movie I've ever seen is ERASERHEAD.
    I've seen alot of weird films but this one is seriously strange.
    It's all in black and white with barely any speech just kind of creakong noises and things. and it's only set in a couple of rooms.
    It fucks with your head though!
    Despite watching it a few times, I've never understood the storyline fully but I don't think your're meant to.

From what I understand though, its about a couple (in the 1950's or something) and the girl is pregnant and gives birth to an alien baby, which is completely normal to them, they see nothing strange.
    They live in a kind of prisony bedroom and the alien baby makes so much noise that the woman leaves. the father, this crazy-haired guy called eddie has to look after the alien but is gets sick. he keeps seeing this kind of fantasy woman in the radiator who has really big cheeks. then somehow he ends up in the radiator with this woman and his head falls off, a little boy takes it to this guy who makes it into pencil erasors. This is from what I remember, there are many other strange parts, too many to mention, but every time I've seen it I've been considerably drunk making the whole experience even stranger.
    The director was blatently on some kind of intense trip when he did this one.
  • Options
    Heh!?!

In the words of the character "Jelly" in Analyse This... "THAT IS FUCKED UP!!"
  • Options
    How come nobody has metioned Alice in Wonderland?!!!! That is one messed up movie!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Broken Heart

Strange movies I've seen are:
    Ring
    Battle Royale
    Chopper
    Henry: Portrait of a serial killer
    Tron

Chopper was a great film, and its also based true story!

I laugh my ass off at the bit in that film when chopper hits his gf mum and say to his gf, "Now look what ya done, you got your mother all up set".

The bloke that plays chopper in the film, will be the new Hulk. That film doesn't come out till Summer 2003 tho!:(
  • Options
    nobody has metioned Alice in Wonderland

Good point, but one thing I have to say to that

the sequel was ten times weirder!!! I mean what the fuck were those things that were sort of like human rollerblades!!!! Damn what was bloody insane. and also that electro-shock therapy bit at the beginning??!!??:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Chopper was a great film, and its also based true story!

I laugh my ass off at the bit in that film when chopper hits his gf mum and say to his gf, "Now look what ya done, you got your mother all up set".

The bloke that plays chopper in the film, will be the new Hulk. That film doesn't come out till Summer 2003 tho!:(

I thought it was hillarious when Chopper was getting stabbed in the stomach by his mate when he was in prison and chopper was like "what are you doing?" *stab* "hey what the fuck" *stab* "would you stop that" *stab* or something like that. Then Chopper is bleeding to death and his mate say's I'm sorry Chop and they hug each other. Very very strange! Superb movie though!
  • Options
    Ooh, Wizard of Oz, those mad monkey things on rollerskates *shudders*.
  • Options
    nah, i'm agreeing with Cube - i did what Kaz did and watched it at 4am - twas quite strange. American Psycho was good, v. strange but book was better, ditto Dune. But with both of them, i'd read the books first so knew what to expect. A film that kinda creeped me out (not entirely sure why) was The Hole. That was strange, it really got under my skin. Odd.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lorna
    Ooh, Wizard of Oz, those mad monkey things on rollerskates *shudders*.

Thats what I meant but I said Alice in Wonderland for some reason :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Broken Heart

I thought it was hillarious when Chopper was getting stabbed in the stomach by his mate when he was in prison and chopper was like "what are you doing?" *stab* "hey what the fuck" *stab* "would you stop that" *stab* or something like that. Then Chopper is bleeding to death and his mate say's I'm sorry Chop and they hug each other. Very very strange! Superb movie though!

Yeah that bit was very funny!.

That bit where his with the coppers at that bar and he wrips his dick out, I was shocked!!

He starts waving it about for that girl. That had me cracking up!:D :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    Soylent Green

Agreed. Fuck me thats a blast from the past!