Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Lack of style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have a few months or so, every now and again, where you just cannot think of anything you want to wear?

For the best part of a year or so, everytime I go clothes shopping, I literally go into the shops and walk back out...

I have no idea what suits me, I look at things and haven't got an eye to match outfits at all hardly...

I have friends that can throw things together from a charity shop and look absolutely stunning....

I'm sure most of the cause of this is probably a confidence issue, but I really have no idea what to do?

Any tips? where do most of you get your fashion ideas etc from? I'm not a massive follower of fashion, I'd just like to look nice once in a while

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey

I don't know if you still have the problem as this seems to be quite an old post. However I thought I would reply anyway just in case you still wanted to hear some advice. Well basically, I think I find everything I like when I want to save money/don't have money or feel nice. Then when I feel ugly or have plenty of money I can't find anything I like :(

But my two pieces of advice are usually buy online. As this will not only make you feel more comfortable as you can do it any time, anywhere. Yes, even in your PJs in bed. They also usually either have clothes that aren't in your shops or have discounts. Another thing I tend to do is go onto google images and either look for "fashion", "street fashion" or "celebrity fashion" or mix the words together e.g. "celebrity street fashion".

Hope I helped :)