Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Helllloooo

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I approve of the solidarity. I'm doing a rowing machine session in the morning if that counts
    :)

Back. I cycled, ran and rowed. Sore now :)
    Just a moan...... I went to bed 2 hours ago and grrrr can't sleep. I feel pretty much the sickest I've ever felt. Came home from the library because I was scared of puking ha. Dr said I'd probs get an upset stomach for the first few days but I sort of shrugged it off and forgot about it. Maaaaaan I feel rough :(
    Well at least you know what's causing it and that it won't last much longer.

Do ginger biscits help?
    I think I had that with Sertraline, I'd forgotten. I think it only lasted a couple of weeks. Make sure you're following the instructions regarding how you take it (with/without food, etc.) because that's often designed to limit effects like nausea.

I drank gallons of peppermint tea and that helped a little.

How's today's plan going?
    I'm on Sertraline, ysh. It's been really good (up til now, but that's because it's not getting a chance to work its way into my system very often these days) for me. *hug*
    Not much to say, apart from I still feel shit... and sick... and :crying:

*hug* *hug* Hugs to you Yellow!

Give it a week or two, I promise it gets better :heart:
    Thanks... I don't really have that long though. At this rate, this time next week I will have just failed my first year of uni. Yay.

I'm seriously thinking about just getting on a train tomorrow and going home. It means I'd have to explain everything to my mum, but it would be worth it just to be somewhere where I'm safe. My bf is trying to convince me to wait until Monday, but I'm not sure.

I did write so much more but it just sounds so blergh when I read it back. Self-absorbed and all that shit.
    If you can wait until Monday I think you'll feel better.

If I had £1 for every doctor I know who failed at least one year of medical school I would have a few pounds....

Hang in there.
    Hmmm. Thanks.

I tried to phone the Samaritans because I found them really helpful before, but can't stay on the phone long enough to say anything.
    Hmmm. Thanks.

I tried to phone the Samaritans because I found them really helpful before, but can't stay on the phone long enough to say anything.

Does your uni have a nightline? You can often call them from an internal phone to save your bill.
    Heyyy just an update for anyone who cares.

So I saw a pastoral tutor yesterday and I do have the option of going for extenuating circumstances but it would be a case of hoping they get accepted and not sitting the exam at all. So I had a hard decision to make yesterday, and I decided to sit the exam and not submit any ECs. At least I have it documented that I saw the pastoral tutor....

So just got to get my head down now! I've told my mum and she is actually saying / doing the right things (3rd time lucky?).

My concentration is rubbish, and I keep feeling really anxious over nothing at all. But I guess at least I have the support of those around me, and I feel less sick.

*hug* to people.
    Can you still submit ECs for the examiners' record? I did after I walked out of an exam and although it didn't make a difference to the grade (obv.) the decision was made that I shouldn't resit even though it was a core module.

I know medicine has different rules but as much as possible needs to go down on paper for worst case scenarios to be resolved and it will help you if any of these problems recurr in future.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Can you still submit ECs for the examiners' record? I did after I walked out of an exam and although it didn't make a difference to the grade (obv.) the decision was made that I shouldn't resit even though it was a core module.

I know medicine has different rules but as much as possible needs to go down on paper for worst case scenarios to be resolved and it will help you if any of these problems recurr in future.

Nope... By taking the exam I'm having to say "Yes I am well enough to sit this". It is quite a shit system but I think it is to stop people thinking "Oh shit, I need to cover my back". Not really sure. There definitely isn't a middle option - I asked about it :(

If I do do badly, I will go back and challenge any decision they make regarding my future. I won't just be making excuses after I fail, as I'll have the notes from the meeting with my tutor saying I was considering claiming ECs, and I have my records at the GP. It isn't ideal, but I think its the option I'm going to have to go for. Take the exam, and hope it doesn't come to all of this :)
    Good. You've worked hard I hope it works out.