Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Helllloooo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment. I'm being pulled in all directions and ergh I'm just not too good right now. In a bad place, blah blah blah.

I've had an argument with the guy I'm seeing, so don't have his shoulder... my best friend is struggling with a potential relapse (she has CFS) and so I'm trying to do my best for her. My friends are stressed with exams and well I really feel alone right now :(

So whilst I don't really have the energy or the time to go into loads of detail, I guess this is the only place I can turn to, and so some hugs and support wouldn't go a miss ;)

And I know I could have posted in the hug thread - please forgive me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awwww yellowseahorse *hug* so much going on! Exam time can be very stressful, well done for keeping it together even if you feel you're having a hard time.

You know thesite's always here,

dp :heart:
    *HUGS* yellow!!!
    :-) we're all here for you- hugs!!
    *hug*
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *hug*
    Hugs!

Deep breaths, one thing at a time, and remember you are an awesome young lady and if these things hadn't thrown themselves at you all at once you'd be entirely fine dealing with them.

I realise I am being a useless friend - but have moderate day time availability on msn if that helps at all. Supporting friends is a great thing to do, but remember you are only any use to them while you are still ok your self, so don't let yourself get too worn down. Otherwise you become the one who needs looking after which leaves everyone more stuck.
    [QUOTE=Scary Monster;2402960

Deep breaths, one thing at a time, and remember you are an awesome young lady and if these things hadn't thrown themselves at you all at once you'd be entirely fine dealing with them.[/QUOTE]

+1 *hug*
    N'awww thaaaanks :heart:

And shhhhhh Scary! Not true! You're great :d
    Uggg friend just texted me saying that she needs to do something with me tonight because she can't face being on her own tonight.

I was planning to do some work and then go to bed in like... 2 hours. I got like no sleep last night (my own fault) but ugggggg I don't want to be a bad friend :crying:
    I feel so shit. I've self-harmed for the first time in ages. I can't even remember the last time I did it. Erghhhhh. I'm having problems sleeping... takes ages for me to get to sleep, my brain just doesn't stop :( I then wake up lots in the night and wake up early in the morning and can't get back to sleep so always tired.

I'm going to try and get to the doctor on Tuesday. It's exam time though and they'll probably just assume its that and I know its more :( Fuck :(. I tried to nip this in the bud with counselling, and now I don't know what I can do. I can't live having to face feeling like this every year or so for months at a time :(
    I feel so shit. I've self-harmed for the first time in ages. I can't even remember the last time I did it. Erghhhhh. I'm having problems sleeping... takes ages for me to get to sleep, my brain just doesn't stop :( I then wake up lots in the night and wake up early in the morning and can't get back to sleep so always tired.

I'm going to try and get to the doctor on Tuesday. It's exam time though and they'll probably just assume its that and I know its more :( Fuck :(. I tried to nip this in the bud with counselling, and now I don't know what I can do. I can't live having to face feeling like this every year or so for months at a time :(

*hug*
    well done for trying to nip it in the bud, even if it hasn't worked too well, it is a positive step. You never know, maybe if you hadn't taken those steps it could have been even worse? Does it feel like counselling may have helped a bit?
    I think you should tell the doctor that you know it is more than exam stress. They should listen to you, after all, you know yourself better than they know you :yes: They may be able to give you stuff to help you sleep too.

*hug*
    oh lovely. if you go to the doctor and tell them that you have self harmed for the first time in a long time then they won't put it down to exam stress, they will see it is more.
    i really do understand, i'm finding this exam period particularly traumatic, but you can do it, there's not long to go now and you will look back and be so proud that you made it to the other side.
    thinking of you x
    Thank you you two *hug*

Purpled - The counselling didn't help, I went once and saw this really crap guy. I've seen 3 different counsellors now, and none of them have been any good imo. I tried to start a fresh with a postive outlook each time, but now I can't face ever trying again. The first one kept asking me questions I didn't have answers for... so I would say "I don't know" and then it would be like 20 mins when she would just sit and stare at me. Number 2 feel asleep in one of these periods of silence.... And Number 3 said that in his experience all people with depression have an issue with anger, and so therefore I did. He also said that if I didn't want to work with him I should go back to ADs because I "buy into that".

omghi - I don't know if I can talk about having self-harmed. I have to be really careful with what I say otherwise I'll be kicked off my course, occ health already hate me. I didn't ever want to go back to the doctor because of mental health problems as an adult because of cutting off future opportunities. But I guess now I have to, otherwise I won't even get that far in life. I hope you're OK *hug*
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wish I could say anything helpful at all... :(
    I wish I could say anything helpful at all... :(

It's OK *hug*
    I know I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and not call :crying:
    One thing at a time. Needs be we can nag you until you do.

xx
    Couldn't get an appointment with the doctor I trust until next Wednesday. Fuck.
    Deep breath. Not fuck at all.

You've done something positive - you've got that appointment booked in (I assume) so things are definitely plodding slowly in the right direction.

You also know, that if you need to see a doctor sooner, you can get an emergency appointment with someone, which will buy you a bit more time.

You've got routine today, that helps a lot, and make sure you get outside, get some fresh air and daylight and a reasonable walk for at least some exercise.
    I don't know if I have it booked or not.... I either have that one or one booked tomorrow which I don't think I'll go to. I'll call up later and check.

And I've called in sick.
    So what is your plan for today now then?

(And if you say doing nothing, I'm going to hunt you down and beat you with a stick)
    I'm trying to revise atm, just printing a load of stuff out.

Will probably end up doing nothing. Or trying not to do anything bad anyway. I don't know how it got this bad so quickly. :crying:
    You need a plan young lady.

And I have a rough idea of how it got this bad this quickly. It's exams. It's not just the exams thing, it's that exams mess up your normal routine and sleep patterns, which then screws with life.
    I don't know if I have it booked or not.... I either have that one or one booked tomorrow which I don't think I'll go to. I'll call up later and check.

It would be better to go tomorrow if you can, when you call try to confirm it.
    My guy is now coming over tonight.... I didn't explain everything, but I explained a bit and he said he wanted to come round and make sure I'm OK. I feel bad because he needs his rest, but I couldn't say no as I want his hugs :blush:

I've got some revision done this morning, and I'm going to go in for my afternoon thing.
    Sounds like a fab plan.
    Well done!
    Well he now doesn't think he can make it. So :crying:. I wish he hadn't said anything if he wasn't certain.

Still, leaving in a few mins. Won't take my phone because I don't want to hear for definite if he isn't going to come :(
    Still, leaving in a few mins. Won't take my phone because I don't want to hear for definite if he isn't going to come :(

Maybe you can grab a friend for a drink or something? Then if he does come he can join you.
    He's not coming.

I don't know what to do now. I shouldn't have pinned all my hopes on him it was really unfair of me.