Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday evening when walking to the cadet unit (to which I am a member of staff) I experienced some negativity from some public.

To begin with just walking along making sure I had all my notes etc and I felt a punch to the back of my head - just caught my glasses before they hit the deck and when I was doing that they tried stealing my head dress.
As a result I turned around to see what the well was happening and I seen these 2 girls about 15 running off and stopped about 30ft away to give me barrage of verbal abuse thing including:
Your a fat ugly cunt
Fucking fat lesbian
You should have let the rag heads shoot you you fucking fat waste of space

There was a lot of other things but can't remember what exactly was said - but why the hell did they do it - I never seen the little hussies before.

It made me think maybe I should just cease to exist as only a couple of weeks ago I had a white van man make repeated delibrate attempts to kill me

What's todays society coming to???

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why you, but I expect there's no real reason, some people are just twats. You could consider reporting these incidents to Crimestoppers anonymously. Then there's at least a chance that they won't get to do it again.
  • Options
    I agree with piccolo, some people are just horrible for no reason but you should report the incident. Has anyone else at the cadet unit experienced similar? They may be doing this kind of behaviour alot and if nobody reports it they'll continue to get away with it!

Sorry you had such a nasty experience,

dp :heart:
  • Options
    Its basically because there are so many uneducated idiots in Britain today. Race attacks are becoming more common, mainly due to the fact of the terror attacks, peoples ignorance etc.
    There is absolutely no excuse for it unfortunately, and you should report any incidents straight to the police
  • Options
    There are some really horrible people about, recently I had some emails via facebook, found out who it was but the police won't do nothing. I dread to think of what kids will be like in 20 years time, it's getting ridiculous at the moment. Keep positive thoughts x
  • Options
    Cheers guys
    Contacted crimestoppers via their secure on line thing so I'll see what evolves from there.

At the cadets we have noticed increasing verbal abuse particularly when we help out at local events but never heard of physical acts of violence against the cadets or staff before - mind you it was slightly different when I was in N.I when we had a contunious threat from paramilitary groups etc.
  • Options
    K-Dwagg wrote: »
    At the cadets we have noticed increasing verbal abuse particularly when we help out at local events but never heard of physical acts of violence against the cadets or staff before.

It sounds like this abuse was complicated, with the homophobic element on top of the anti-military language. It sounds to me like someone spoiling for a fight and you got in their way, so it might not in itself point to an increase in violence against cadets.

At least, I hope it doesn't. As someone who considers herself a pacifist, I would say that these people are actually aggressors abusing the language of non-violence. Opposition to warfare is no excuse to abuse anyone.

I hope you're OK.
  • Options
    Never blame yourself

These people are the SCUM of british sociatey and it sickens me why people should attack random strangers. I do think that you should contact the police due to it may of been on cctv.
    Take care and i do hope that you are ok.