Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My hair gets dirty too quickly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I washed my hair last night. It's already dirty. How likely is changing shampoo going to help? Sometimes, I can go up to 3 days without washing.

I currently use Tresemme shampoo. Are there any others I should try / avoid?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, try changing shampoo. For some reason may hair hates Herbal Esscences and will quickly get greasy again the same day i use it but with something like Pantene it can go a good couple of days.

Im not really sure of what too try and avoid cos everyone is different, its just trial and error
  • Options
    I like Aussie shampoo (I get it when it's on offer) and I've noticed if I use a deep conditioner once a week my hair doesn't need washing every day.
  • Options
    Also look at what you're doing with it inbetween. If I play with mine, it goes really greasey really fast. If I leave mine up, it's fine.
  • Options
    That's interesting, Scary.

I've been wearing it up for volunteering (because it just gets in the way) and have noticed it has become more greasy since then. Although, I've now had it cut; so hopefully, that will help.
  • Options
    if i wash my hair everyday, it starts to need it everyday.
    If i make a point of only washing every other day for a while, apart from the first few times of looking abit greasy inbetween, it starts not needing it as often
  • Options
    My hairs the same Melian, I think a lot of it can depend on your hair type as well, I have quite fine hair and it doesn't have a lot of volume and tends to get greasy really easily.
    I wash my hair pretty much every day...gets annoying.
    Dry shampoo is a good alternative if it just needs a bit of freshening up.

Otherwise I do find changing shampoo helps, perhaps look for one that is made for hair that gets greasy pretty quickly, theres a few about if you look in boots/superdrug etc
  • Options
    I've never been able to wash my hair less than every other day. :no:
  • Options
    I did used to be able get away with washing it twice a week or so. I washed it Sunday evening and it needed doing again last night.
  • Options
    Maybe you need some vitamins. (:
  • Options
    Your conditioner maybe the cause, change it or your shampoo :-)
    Also, washing everyday might help..

Please visit us:
    Ask any questions. Share your answers. Join us.