Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Car tyre going down but no puncture help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My car tyre kept going down slowly, this was the front left tyre.

I had to fill it up once, sometimes twice a week.

I assumed a slow puncture so as the "spare" was a bit bald i replaced the spare with a new tyre and put that in its place and put the other one as a spare to get me out of trouble as i had a pump to assist in an emerency.

Now, the problem persists with the new tyre meaning that something is happening to cause the tyre to lose pressure, what could it be?

Any idea?

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey bettyboo - I've moved this over in to the Home, Law and Money forum so it doesn't get lost. My car knowledge is pretty limited but you may well get some other replies here :)

If the problem persists it may be time to take it to the garage to get it checked out?

:chin:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    it.s a slow puncture on both tyres. take it to a tyre fitters. they'll sort you out but it probably means new tyres.
    Weekender Offender 
    Agreed. Whatever the problem was you haven't fixed it, it sounds like a faulty valve perhaps?
    If it's still leaking, it's either a faulty valve, or (if they are alloy wheels), they can leak a bit of air if they are old wheels, as they sometimes corrode over time.

Take it to a decent tyre shop.
    Hey there Bettyboo,

Did you manage to find out what's been causing problems with your tyres? Have you had any further trouble? Hope you got it sorted.

:)