Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nail polishes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend any good nail polishes? I only use it on my feet as I have my nails done on my fingers because I bite them otherwise :d

Comments

• Options
    I've had Collection 2000 Lasting Colour on my feet since last Sat and it's pretty much intact. Applied easily, too, and it's not expensive.
  • Options
    I always use 17, but you do have to put a few coats on or it'll chip easily.
    Loads of my friends use Barry M and thats really good :)
    Then theres nail inc which is also good, but I think thats more expensive :)
    I've also heard ModelsOwn is good aswell
  • Options
    I recently bought Rimmel's drys in 60 seconds one, i really it. Drys quickly, and nice wide brush as well
  • Options
    Models Own, Barry M, and Eyko nail varnishes are all good :)
  • Options
    I agree Barry M is very good has been my fav for a while
  • Options
    Barry M and No.7 are my favourites, love the colours, easy to apply, and last forever!
  • Options
    Nails Inc is pretty damn good, although ridiculously expensive if you buy it. Occasionally appears as a freebie with something so worth keeping an eye out for. My biggest problem with Nails Inc has been getting it off - takes forever, I'm guessing there must be a lot of pigment in it.
  • Options
    Nails Inc is pretty damn good, although ridiculously expensive if you buy it. Occasionally appears as a freebie with something so worth keeping an eye out for. My biggest problem with Nails Inc has been getting it off - takes forever, I'm guessing there must be a lot of pigment in it.

Nails Inc do a deal on their website where you can get x number of polishes for a certain amount. I don't know if it's always, but they often do collections and whatnot as well which are BARGAINOUS.

Also OPI and (if you can get hold of it) China Glaze are my faves (both quite pricey, mind, but very good none the less).
  • Options
    im obsessed with nails inc but as others said its pretty expensive, i rarely buy it full price, i buy it off selling communities etc and places like that. and yeah it comes as free gifts sometimes in magazines. i bought some collection 2000 the other day because i really wanted this one colour they had and i'll never buy cheap nail varnish again. its stained my nails an AWFUL greeny yellow colour even though i used 2 coats of base coat. proper yuck :|
  • Options
    i bought some collection 2000 the other day because i really wanted this one colour they had and i'll never buy cheap nail varnish again. its stained my nails an AWFUL greeny yellow colour even though i used 2 coats of base coat. proper yuck :|

I've not had that problem but it did take a while to come off.
  • Options
    maybe it was cos the colour was a greeny one i dont know. it was easy coming off it just left a nicotine colour on my nails, booo.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone :) I bought some OPI nail polishes off ebay, got a bit of a bargain! hopefully theyre pretty good!

I used barry m for ages and it is a great brand :)
  • Options
    Don't bit your nails! : D

Otherwise, I could recommend you some nail polishes, but I don't think in your country you will find them.
  • Options
    I have a Barry M on my toenails at the moment, it's been on since last Wednesday and it's still going strong. It never lasts that long on my fingernails grr.
  • Options
    *Lea* wrote: »
    I have a Barry M on my toenails at the moment, it's been on since last Wednesday and it's still going strong. It never lasts that long on my fingernails grr.

Your feet don't do as much as your hands do. All that typing/washing/scratching/whatever compared to just sitting in shoes all day?
  • Options
    ^ I couldn't agree more!

In other case I have a nail polish, that on my hands stays for about 5 days, when another one scales after one day. : /
  • Options
    Oddly enough I found not using a base or top coat to make my polishes last longer... could be the cheap ass polishes that I use ;)
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Oddly enough I found not using a base or top coat to make my polishes last longer... could be the cheap ass polishes that I use ;)

Depends.

If I use both, I find that my nails sometimes get overloaded, esp. with slightly crappier polishes that need more than one coat to show up (the one I have on right now, for example, I didn't put a top coat on). So they kind of peel away rather than chip.
  • Options
    Hi,

So although I do love the idea of buying nail polishes from places such as Chanel, Nail Inc and Models Inc. I am quite tight on my money due to the lack of money I have because of being a student.

Therefore I find that I usually use nail varnishes such as Rimmel, Barry M and Bourjois etc. due to them being quite cheap and in nice colours :)

But for nail varnish I would go to Superdrug or Boots, and have a look, they should be in the make up section
  • Options
    cuppatboys wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good nail polishes? I only use it on my feet as I have my nails done on my fingers because I bite them otherwise :d

As nail polish is used in fashion field it looks ausome so please visted to your near gift collection shop and you get perfact matching aacording to your clothes.
  • Options
    I use Boots' Natural Collection. Cheap and it works! Then cover it with a good top coat, like Sally Hansen.