Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
PLEASE help me, I think there's something wrong with me. I keep having these massive mood swings, they're becoming more and more frequent, and i can't think of any way out. i already self harm, but ow people have found out and i can't do it anymore. I keeping thinking about suicide, and I don't know if I'm going to do it or not...; what should I do????

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    fire wrote: »
    PLEASE help me, I think there's something wrong with me. I keep having these massive mood swings, they're becoming more and more frequent, and i can't think of any way out. i already self harm, but ow people have found out and i can't do it anymore. I keeping thinking about suicide, and I don't know if I'm going to do it or not...; what should I do????

Hey Fire, how are you?

Their is nothing wrong with you, honestly. Mood swings are common through teen ages stages when going through puberty, if they are becoming more frequent, could you speak to your GP about it? Are you in any form of counselling or therapy at the moment? If not could you speak to your GP about it? Are you looking after your cuts well? Do they need any form of medical attention at all? Here is a article from TheSite.org on feeling suicidal, http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression/feelingsuicidal why not also read this first http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

If you do feel like hurting yourself why not contact a support helpline? Such as Samaritans or ChildLine, which varies on age? *hug*
    Take care, keep us updated *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should see your GP - if you're contemplating suicide you should ask for an emergency appointment on Monday morning.

They will probably offer you a referral to therapy or some form of medication, so maybe you could think about what you want from them?

Good luck.
    You can also present yourself at A&E.
    Hey Fire,

Hope you are feeling better *hug* Have you spoke to your GP yet about how you are feeling if so, what have they said? Are you in couselling? If so or not you do need to book a emergency appointment with your Dr, would you do that?
    I had a (very long!) chat with the school nurse a couple of days ago...

and thank you all for replying so nicely to my insane rant :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    fire wrote: »
    I had a (very long!) chat with the school nurse a couple of days ago...

and thank you all for replying so nicely to my insane rant :)

How as the chat with your school nurse?? x
    it was ok :) She's a really sweet person :)
    Good luck xxx

Dear Fire,
    I wish you the best. You are already so strong to have told the nurse. I never summoned up the courage to tell anyone about my self harm. It is very serious that you have been having suicidal thoughts, although you are not alone in your ways. I, myself, know a large number of people who are suicidal, depressed, self harm or have a severe eating disorder- it is our body's alarm bells ringing that something needs to be done about your situation, and understandable at this age.

For my self harm and suicidal thoughts, I made a star chart. It lasts for ten weeks and every day that I do not self harm or have simply have suicidal thoughts without finding a distraction or help, I stick a star in the box for that day. I call it my 'Happy Days Star Chart'. After 1 week, 3 weeks, 5 weeks etc... I give myself a different reward.

I only had a short term problem, but it has been two days now with the chart and I have not self harmed at all. I understand that it is not so simple for everyone though, and I encourage you to continue to be open about your problem.

I wish you all the love and strength in the world xxxxxxxx