Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

should i go 4 it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, i fancy this guy 4 yrs older than me that i work with. i really like him but cos he is older than me i dont wana make a move incase he thinks the age thing is a problem. i cant tell if he's flirting with me or just being plain friendly. he goes back to uni after the summer so if i wanna do something then i better start now. however if i make a move it could make work very uncomfortable if i get knocked back. if i should just go 4 it, then how do i go about it as the only time i see him is at work and i think askin to go out for a drink or something is too forward incase he thinks im coming on to him and he thinks the age gap is too much. u see im 16 and im worried he might think im too young, even though everyone thinks im 18/19. i just dont know wot to do but i dont wanna just leave things we get on really well and i could see us making a really good couple. but all of this depends if he thinks going out with someone 4 years younger than him is stupid. do u think its stupid? i cant stand guys my own age, they are so immature.
ur help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My fiance is 20 (21 next week) and im 16. We met through work and i wasn't sure how to read the signals because of the age difference. Age was mentioned quite a bit at the beginning but its not a problem anymore. If age does become more of an issue you've got to wonder whether it really was meant to be and realise something else was probably going to get in the way anyway. I think that you should at least give it a go and if he doesn't seem interested after a while pass your invites to the pub etc. as just a good friendship. If nothing does coe of it at least you've got yourself a fit friend!