Home Travel & Free Time

raver like me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all, where can a raver like me get his fix in London?? i came from aus almost 2 months ago and apart from going to amsterdam for defqon next month, i cant find any hard dance clubs...sydney had a few so i thought clubs like this would be easy to find in london. any ideas?

Comments

  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Pill'ed may be a long in a while to help with this one...

    Sadly quite a lot of really good clubs have closed their doors in the last few years, but there are still a few about and also some bars in soho have good basement clubs. Have you checked out SE1 near London bridge?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no i havnt but i will have a look. yer soho seems like the kinda place. i think i may need to mingle with the locals to find the kind of underground clubs. thanks for the advice
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know people who spend a lot of time in rave clubs so there must be a scene in London. In terms of mainstream clubs that consider themselves part of the rave scene, I guess the places to look would be Fabric (Farringdon) or Ministry of Sound (Elephant and Castle)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho - which tends to be too cheesy - I used to to go lots in hackney/dalston and brixton. Once you've found one though its fairly easy to get into the scene and get fliers for other stuff going on.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,169 Skive's The Limit
    topimage.jpg

    http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

    Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,169 Skive's The Limit
    You best source of everything rave is http://www.ush.net/ravin/events/index.php
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho

    Mainly, but some hidden ones about...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

    wyg-flyer-52_L.jpg

    As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

    I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    topimage.jpg

    http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

    Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy

    That was a very good night! :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Namaste wrote: »
    I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

    wyg-flyer-52_L.jpg

    As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

    I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.

    Oh my life i used to go to whiry-y-gig when we were about 16/17 I cant' believe its still going
Sign In or Register to comment.